Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does anyone here know if this will work to remove a swing cylinder pin ?

MrKool ยท 2013-03-13 22:33

While I'm waiting on my swing cylinder seals, I thought I'd surf around to see what others were doing to remove the pin holding the shaft end and I found this http://constructiontractors.tpub.com/TM-5-2420-222-20-3/css/TM-5-2420-222-20-3_765.htm and I was wondering how this is used to remove a 2" diameter steel pin that's been in place for 32+ years? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1alrman2013-03-13 22:59

    I can't say for a certainty, but if you look under the swing tower, is there a plate bolted in there - which is inserted between the two swing cyl pins? I can't see a parts listing that actually shows them, for a CK. but the hoe looks similar to a C model. If it is like this, the plate can be removed & pins usually tap out with a punch & 2lb hammer. edit - I just read your other thread & you do own a 580C - worlds apart from a 580CK. My description re the pins should be correct.