Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does anyone know anything about harley power rakes??

Vadim17 · 2022-11-27 08:09

Hey guys, so I bought a harley power rakeover the summer I used it and it works good but it needs fresh bearings and some tlc so I tore it all down and looking for parts and I literally cannot find parts for this thing. I'm getting so frustrated is harley out of business or is getting parts just impossible? I only found one tag on it and it says PRO-6 P64C042 I found some parts on German bliss for other models but not the pro 6 and the prices were unbelievable like $400 for a little bearing. Any help is great thanks!

Replies19
  1. #1Jonas3022022-11-27 08:22

    I would bring it to a bearing house and have them match it up or a cheap digital caliper and search online Are there any numbers on the bearing? Most bearings are not manufacture specific A couple more posts and you will be able to put up a pic which will help greatly

  2. #2Vadim172022-11-27 08:26

    Yeah I was thinking the same the bearings I can just measure and get at a local place pretty cheap. There's just some sprokets and odd things I need and I looked it over and could not find part numbers on hardly anything. Very odd

  3. #3Tags2022-11-27 10:08

    I’ve always had good luck with parts from German Bliss. I would call them and see if they’ll give you a parts breakdown, odd it’s not listed on their site. The parts aren’t cheap for sure and if you do have a good place for bearings I would see if they can be matched up.

  4. #4Welder Dave2022-11-27 15:48

    Best to take the old bearing to a bearing supply. Some bearings are much heavier duty than others the same physical size. Depending on the size and shape of the sprockets, you might be able to modify a common weld on sprocket that normally welds to a hub.

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-11-27 17:40

    Welcome to HEF, Vadim17 ! Motion Industries has stores in NJ. They most likely have what you need.

  6. #6JLarson2022-11-27 19:07

    We'd just have our motion sales guy match the bearings and sprockets too. Also there's McMaster Carr.

  7. #7Vadim172022-11-27 20:58

    Never heard of them but looked it up and it looks pretty cool they seem to have a lot of stuff. I think ill give them a call tomorrow. Thanks!

  8. #8materthegreater2022-11-30 21:45

    Any pics of the rake? I've worked on several over the years. They always leak between the chain case and frame, even with new bearings and seals. And yes the main bearings are very expensive.

  9. #9heymccall2022-11-30 22:01

    Only took 3 minutes to find this

  10. #10heymccall2022-11-30 22:04

    And this took 3 more

  11. #11Vadim172022-11-30 22:04

    I'll get pics soon I ended up going away coming back in a few days. I'm sure they are decent bearings but 300-400 for some made in China anyway bearing is insane. The bearings on my 50 ton lowboy are a fraction of the price lol

  12. #12Vadim172022-11-30 22:06

    I actually found that, but the part numbers in there are obsolete. Some seem to be available but most stuff is impossible to find. I really regret buying this rake to be honest. I'd rather pay for somrging more expensive and actually have access to any part I need. I think I'm done with harley raked

  13. #13materthegreater2022-11-30 22:12

    I didn't realize that was the 3pt hitch version when I first read this thread. I've only worked on the skid steer style rakes. I'm guessing the frame and drum are the same but obviously the drives are different. In my experience, Harley rakes have a similar reputation to Harley bikes, always have parts falling off them

  14. #14Vadim172022-11-30 22:15

    Oh yeah sorry I should have mentioned that it was a 3 point hitch. Do you know of any reputable other brands? I'm thinking maybe just put it back together, sell it and get one for a skid steer if I csnt get a good 3 point hitch one

  15. #15materthegreater2022-11-30 22:21

    I don't have any experience with others. What are you using it for? I think they are designed for softer materials than they usually get used for. Their slogan was "the one step seed bed prep" or something similar. Most people use them for hard packed driveways. They sure take a beating when you hit a big rock in the driveway. I think they would hold up much better when used in dirt instead of gravel/stone. If you do try a skid steer type, I think you will like how versatile it is compared to being on the back of a tractor.

  16. #16heymccall2022-11-30 22:44

    Harley was absorbed into Paladin, as was JRB, Sweepster, FFC, and many more. Have you actually contacted a Paladin dealer for pricing and availability? Or, Paladin themselves? We have/ had several brands. I will never allow acquisition of a chain drive harley here ever again. Nor will we get one from QuickAttach again. Neither will last without major repairs early on and continually. We still have three LAF5689/ LAF5690 units. They have proven to be the most reliable, and, more importantly, durable. The LAF units can be had in PTO drive also. Below is their manual, operation and parts.

  17. #17heymccall2022-11-30 22:47

    And, the hyperlink to Paladin https://www.paladinattachments.com/products/power-box-rake-—-chain-drive They still sell the "harley", but, the LAF units are FFC, also sold by them. And, a link to the non-chain drive unit. https://www.paladinattachments.com/products/pto-powerrake-pto-drive

  18. #18Vadim172022-12-01 16:20

    I'm a septic contractor on the east coast so I was using it to final grade the septic mound. Though the dirt is loose, they for sure take a beating. I was impressed with it though I will say, if I hit it one was, then a second pass on a diagonal, it would leave it lookin like a golf course. Saves me a lot of time raking it all out.

  19. #19materthegreater2022-12-01 18:11

    I think that's exactly what they're designed for. Find one in good shape (or new) and take care of it and it'll save you a lot of time and money in labor