I purchased an oversized trailer near Montreal, and am having a hard time finding someone to move it. A local trucking company that has brokered loads for me in the past was supposed to get me a quote, but they haven’t gotten me any prices yet. I’m getting the feeling they’re not interested. Quebec SAAQ is telling me I need to register it and get an annual inspection before it can be pulled the 50 miles to the border. The only correspondence I’ve had with them has been through email, since I can’t get anyone on the phone who speaks English. If anyone has dealt with this before and has suggestions, or wants to move it, let me know.
BRYAN'S FARM | Trucking Bryan's Trucking & Transportation Services delivers products purchased through our Auctions and Retail Business, as well as general freight, agricultural and construction equipment. bryansfarm.com I bought a tractor from them, they hauled it, and handled all the customs as well.
Oh they speak English. Most of them won't. There was a great compromise. The English agreed to learn to speak French, and the French agreed to continue speaking French. Can the seller help you out
Oversized? width, length?
Thanks. I tried calling a few times and couldn’t get anyone. I’ll try again tomorrow. So far, everyone I’ve spoken with has been able to speak English well enough we can communicate. But when you call SAAQ to ask questions, everything is in French except for the short message that says they are no longer providing services in English. When I spoke with the Ministry of Transportation, they told me to call SAAQ and just keep pushing 9 and I’ll eventually get someone in person, but had no luck. It was a Ritchie Brothers purchase, so I’m kinda on my own for transportation. I have to call them again tomorrow, so I’ll ask if they have any suggestions. Can you purchase a temporary tag to move a newly purchased vehicle on the highway in New Brunswick? 108” wide lowboy with jeep and booster loaded on itself.
Might require width permit, max is 102 except for Hawaii which is 9', but you probably already know that.
Quebec has different laws. Most people are pretty good but some are not. New Brunswick has a transfer permit. I think you have to provide the date and time and where you are going.
Not sure about Quebec, but Nova Scotia, dot doesn't work weekends. Buddy of mine bought a van trailer. Borrowed a truck, no pr plate no fuel permit. By the time he got back here there wasn't a recap left. Back roads and fingers crossed