Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does anyone remember

Tyler d4c · 2020-08-12 20:17

I spotted this at a old coal strip job the other day. Does anyone know the story behind it I was told it was around the time the 455 was putting a d9 to shame. Then it changed when the d10 came about.

Replies14
  1. #1mitch5042020-08-12 21:34

    The 475 is still the largest production dozer in the world, isn't it?

  2. #2Tyler d4c2020-08-12 21:42

    The 575 is no longer sold in the USA to my understanding

  3. #3DB22020-08-12 21:44

    Wasn’t there a 575 Super Dozer ? Beat me to it. Lol

  4. #4Welder Dave2020-08-12 22:51

    The 575 was a lot bigger but has been discontinued. 475 is in the D11 class size. Both good machines from what I've seen. There weren't a lot of 575's made.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2020-08-12 22:57

    The funny thing about 585s was there was a preproduction one at a strip job near where I live long before me any way the company ran it for the test period. Then it got torched my dad seen it back when it was getting tested.

  6. #6Welder Dave2020-08-12 23:00

    585?

  7. #7Tyler d4c2020-08-13 08:06

    Typo 575

  8. #8mitch5042020-08-13 12:17

    well, I said 475, and you fixed it for me, then you went to a 585? Is that as big as a D12 cat I plow my garden with?

  9. #9Tyler d4c2020-08-13 21:58

    I miss read your reply I think a 11 is a touch bigger then a 475 but not a 100 percent on that. With the new cat number system they will have a d12 before too long

  10. #10mitch5042020-08-13 22:07

    Was there a 475?

  11. #11Tyler d4c2020-08-13 22:13

    Yes there is its what most of them is i may have miss spoken on the Original post with saying 455

  12. #12Tyler d4c2020-08-13 22:15

    Then there's komatsu smallest crawler I wish I could find on to buy

  13. #13John C.2020-08-14 11:04

    I did some track work on a 455 Komatsu a bunch of years ago. I've worked on plenty of 375 units over the years. A Komatsu rep asked me after I left the local dealer if I'd like to go baby sit a 575 test machine down in Nevada. I declined that project. I had seen the 475 machines on the marketing charts at the local dealer's will call area. Komatsu makes a decent enough dozer but it seems everything on them wears out all at the same time. Makes the cost of a second life pretty dismal.

  14. #14mitch5042020-08-14 11:34

    Wow, I bought a working D21 10 years ago from a man who was getting a divorce and soon to be ex called the IRS, he was cashing out. I didn't want it, but it turned out to punch way above it's weight. I never even heard of a D10, the loader bucket is big as the seat.