Hi guys, I have a question that I'm not getting much help with. Does john deere service advisor software work on reading the older 220-3 hitatchi units? I do have service advisor software and I know I would require the w9 cable to go from laptop to excavator but it's fairly expensive. Just curious if anyone has done this before. I have read that dr ex and windr will read john deere but have not seen anything on it going the other way. Thanks
Welcome to HEF Rhaze ! It should. If SA is loaded with Hitachi information it will. If not you may have to use a comparable model Deere (D series) and try connecting. Since I do not have Hitachi on my SA I am going to try it today on a EX-5 machine when I get to work since I have one in the shop for repairs. I'll let you know if SA connects. I will say having used Service Advisor and MPDr on Deere/Hitachi excavators the MPDr is far superior in functionality and speed. Service Advisor can be a little slow with the readings. Either tool is limited when it comes to the Isuzu engine. That requires the E-IDSS tool. A W9 cable is about $260 US.
Thanks for doing that. I'm new to the heavy equipment machines. I do have hitatchi on my service advisor but the 220-3 dosent offer any connection for diagnostic data (it's just pdf service manuals) what is an equivalent deere machine to the 220-3? I know you said d series but what model number? Where would you recommend getting the mpdr program and the required hardware to use the program that will work? Thanks
EX220-3 would be the same as a late serial number 790E. The only diagnostic connection is the 4 wire plug hanging behind the right hand control panel in the cab.
Ok I did manage to find that one as well in service advisor. What about the mpdr program and cables, where could I get that from?
Sorry to butt in but>> this sounds awful familiar to the "Perkapiller" problems.. When Cat started using Perkins engines.. Perkins would say that a Cat problem & Cat would say that's a Perkins problem & u had to buy diff. cables to hook up to the same machine & have 2 diff. softwares to tell u anything ON THE SAME engine.!! U wanna talk about a cluster "funk".. Short story> I was working on a "Perkins" once & needed a part.. I walked into MY parts counter & said, I needed "X" for this machine outside.. I gave'm the serial # & got the usual, SORRY cant help ya.. that's a Cat part.. & we were a Perkins Dealer.!! U wanna talk about going ballistic.. I was at MY parts counter & got THAT, "SORRY" crap.. Lol.
It did not work on the EX-5 machine, but the MPDr hooked right up. If it is an equivalent of a 790E then you would need MPDr which I would say try a google search to see if you could get the program (I've seen some on ebay). A zaxis -3 machine would require SA1002 adapter to work (according to a Deere bulletin). Unfortunately I am not that up on the exact Hitachi models to know which is a Zaxis vs EX dash machines.