So I just bought a TB175 from United Rentals and have 30 days to find if anything is wrong with it and have it fixed. I noticed that when curling the bucket into the ground it slows then stops about half way and the relief valve opens. Doesn't raise or move the unit at all so seems a little premature to me. So then I tried to lift the unit off the ground. Pushing the boom down will tilt the front about 1 inch off the ground then it stops. I assume the relief valve opens. At that point if I push forward on both joysticks (boom down/ stick out) then it suddenly has the power the lift it up. See Video: http://youtu.be/pFMQi6J-2rY I seem to remember trying one in an auction yard and being able to tilt the machine back as far as I wanted with just with the boom. It seems like the relief is opening early. Does this seem normal for this size machine or should I call united rentals and tell them to look into it? Thanks, Rich
call United asap, something wrong I think
I don't understand your video but it would not suprise me if the rental company had played with the relief valve to save on the machine
My KX121-3 is the same way. With the boom alone it won't lift the machine much. With the boom and dipper it will lift it skyward. I thought it was strange, but it doesn't seem to effect the performance. A pressure gauge would tell the tale.
Here's another vid showing difficulty curling bucket through grassy ground. If I use the other joystick suddenly it has the power to finish the curl. Perhaps it has 2 pumps and you have to use both? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM-UQfFHxM
So united rentals has gone over the machine and say it is producing the proper pressures. Ideas? It this just a case of unrealistic expectations? Thanks everyone. Rich
What size machines have you have you had in the past maybe your current operating style doesn't match the operation of this bigger/smaller machine
When I read your posts, I went to our yard and tried it with our TB175. At idle it wouldn't pickup the front end, but at 1500 RPM it did. Your video "sounds" like it's going to relief. Hmmmm.
I believe they often do that with rental machines. I am sure a Takeuchi dealer tech could check it out and correct the settings if necessary.
something has just come to mind about this machine if u are trying to lift machine using only boom down alot of newer machines wont perform this u need to boom down and dipper in/out dependent in location to make machine lift as for the bucket curl problem if u pressure another valve ie push dipper in/out slightly and bucket curls strong and properly i would look into the function of the valve bank whether there is a dodgy gasket or seal cheers the learner
Producing proper pressures and applying the pressures properly are 2 different animals (and did they use gauges or someones seat of the pants knowlege?). You should be able to curl through that grassy soil w/o effort. Is there an operator's manual for you to study? Did you buy this to repair/tinker with or have you got work to do? Have UR repair/adj. as needed and demonstrate the machines functions. HTH Jay :usa
Go check one out at the dealer who sells them new.