Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does the idle on my 580K sound rough?

caver ยท 2020-09-23 15:13

Since I've owned this hoe the idle seems rough to me. The link is a quick and dirty video so you can hear it idle and then add throttle. Is it rough or is that somewhat normal?

Replies9
  1. #1alrman2020-09-24 01:41

    I would be taking a close look at the engine mountings - front & rear

  2. #2caver2020-09-24 20:47

    I will do that next time I go over to my property. Thanks for the tip.

  3. #3caver2023-10-21 17:22

    It seems like it has gotten worse so I looked a little closer. I suspect that is what's left of the right front engine mount/idolator. It looks shiny in spots like grease but it is all rubber.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2023-10-22 09:57

    Do all 3 when you do it.

  5. #5caver2023-10-22 10:30

    So there is only 1 in the front??

  6. #6HarleyHappy2023-10-22 11:09

    Yep, had to unbolt radiator and jack front up a little and it goes right in.

  7. #7alrman2023-10-22 17:18

    580k will have two mounts at the front.

  8. #8caver2023-10-22 17:54

    The drawing shows one front and back yet the quantities on the Case site show 2 front and back. I was curious about that. I knew there would be two in the back to just deal with the torque of the engine.

  9. #9caver2023-11-06 20:21

    I took a look at this today. It looks like it might be easier to remove fan and shroud but getting to those fan bolts looks to be a bear with the radiator in place. I also wondered about taking the hood off but didn't see much benefit in that. Maybe get the coolant overflow bottle out of the way.