Thought I might post a few pics. The ones with the building are my old 35, I do have the jib on, its just hard to see. I took the little 25 for the plane. It touched down a little hard and was just off the runway. I think its probably junk. Ps. I still have to read ATCO's instructions on how to post pics every time, but I'm learning.
I haven't been able to post a picture either so I don't bother trying. I just put 'em on photobucket and send a link. I can post on fb, and any other forum/site I'm on but this one.
1973 Bellanca 17-30A... still valid certificate until 09/30/2012
gostr8r I bet picture size is the prob , Pics bigger than 640 X 480 will not work . makes a mess of my hard drive because I have two sets of pics for anything I post .
I have tried much smaller than that! In fact the only f'n pic I have been able to post is my puny little avatar. So I just threw in the towel because I have better things to do with my time.
it's a shame, because you have some absolutely incredible pictures.
Maybe I'll try again then. Thanks qball!
gostr8r, are you active on any other crane forums? I have tried a few, but this one is my favorite.
Yeah Jen, I was on another, but it was totally dead and had more people pushing the business' than crane discussion. I quit posting and can't even remember the name of it now. I think it was Crane World, Crane News, Crane Talk or The Crane Forum idk. There is a 'Crane Operators Only' group on facebook too that is really awesome, because it's crane specific without all the other HE stuff. I see a few members from here posting there. The small difference is that it's an open group, so anyone on fb can see the posts and files as opposed to needing to be a member. You must join the participate tho. I've learned a lot there and really enjoy the interaction with op's from other parts of the world.
Well thanks so much for the compliment qball! The shots at my photobucket link are still easily accessible tho, and there's more pic and video files there than most people would be able to see in a month. Help yourself to all of them.
A few more work pics, setting trusses and putting up billboards. The third pic was a steep driveway, grandma gear all the way.
pics of the house trusses removal. Condo had burned so we removed the old burn trusses and roof in sections and then replaced with new, its the trusses in the first pic in the post above
Setting some more trusses, most of these I did in the blind, no way to get down either side of the building. I had to get a little close to the front trusses to set the back one.
wow very nice pics work doing machines it's quite big machine ....
Okay- its so nice to have the crane's back together, and I've been pretty busy, so here's some more pics of a few recent jobs
Some more pics - its saturday morning and I've got a little time
Gotta love the Branson area , Almost no flat ground LOL
Hey where do you typically find your cranes? Do you rent them or purchase?
Tiny- people make fun of all the wood I carry around on the cranes, but a lot of times I end up using all of it to get leveled up. It's not unusual for me to have to swing to a opposite corner with the boom, and teter-totter with scoping out boom, and then picking up the other corner to add more cribbing. Guys look at me kind of funny, but when they see what I'm doing, they figure it out. Ben- I own the three cranes I have- at least me and the banker together own two of them, and I own the other one! I run a rental business and most of my work is one or two day jobs, it doesn't make sense to rent cranes. Here's a few more pics. One is a reroof job (barely have enough reach with the 35 to put up the material). The lp tanks were getting loaded out because we just got natural gas in town, and its killing the lp gas demand. I can't afford a bigger crane, so Ive got to use two small ones to load out the tanks. I actually find it easier to load tanks on a trailer with two cranes than one, because you can control each end independently.
Thanks for the photos crane operator.
Nice pictures! I sure miss those sun roofs.It's nice to see machines you don't need to be a computer engineer to fix. Chris
Did you use this illegal man basket to hoist personnel? I hope not! It doesn’t comply, being too short over all, and having the open bottomed sides below the illegally low mid rails. The safety choker above the ball is a bad idea too. What do you think will happen to the man tied off to it, if that basket comes off the hook like that? It could draw and quarter him into pieces as his body goes past the 4 way bridle when the basket goes to the ground. He should tie off to a designated anchor point with in the basket, but not on the interior grab rail, if it even has on. Years ago that thing would have been allowed, but not now.
I will agree with that . Better control and don't have to worry about a couple of yahoos that have no clue how to run a tag line
Nice snowy day and I haven't posted any pics in a while so here's some stuff I've been doing lately. Had the Detroit die on me going home a while back, after a day of messing around checking fuel lines, replacing fuel pump, and scratching my head trying to figure out why my fuel filters would only be 1/2 full after about 15 minutes of run time, we finally just cleaned the fuel line, shoved it direct in the tank, and rag and wire tied it to the tank, and brought it home. Cut open the top of the tank to deal with clean out. Thought at first that the bottom of the tank was covered with rust, but power washing cleaned it right up Finally found the 2nd foot valve/ flow valve right on the tank was plugged up with this- love this new low sulphur diesel. This stuff I could best describe as like wet leaves. The pump would pull some fuel, but the more fuel it pulled, the tighter it would trap this in the foot valve, plugging it. If I filled the filters it would fire right off and run great for 10- 15 minutes, then starve itself. The whole bottom of the tank was covered with this stuff, but I'm sure glad I figured out fuel issues.
few more pictures
Had a little trouble last december with one of the little cat's (3208). I went away for the weekend, and sent one of the guys to have a tire changed. He's older, and instead of having him jack up the crane, take off the tire, haul it in the truck, then reinstall it; I had him just drive the crane to the tire man. My two 25 ton cranes are just alike, except the transmissions. They are both 13 speeds, but one is a old small box 13, the other a big box. One you go through three gears, range split, five, range split, then the top five. The other you go through the bottom five, split, then the top five all split -direct to overdrive. yep he was driving the one he wasn't familiar with, its a steep hill to my shop and he killed it, and it rolled back. He got it back to the shop and parked it. The next Monday I went to go do a job, fired it up and as soon as I hit the throttle, I knew I was going nowhere. I called him, after I took the other crane to do the job, and he said "yeah, I killed it on the hill, and it was making a little noise the rest of the way home". I can't believe it came home, let alone ran enough for me to pull it outside, engage the pumps, spin the upper around and back into the shop for us to swap motors. The tops of the pistons had the impressions from the valves gouged into them over 3/4" deep, and one valve was jammed cross ways in the head.
more pics The house isn't that fancy from the front, but they have a killer view out the back window
Didn't like this job site spot (it was on a bad steep hill), but I spent almost a month setting these forms, taking them back off, and setting steel. Fortunately where they cut me my spot in, to set, was pretty solid rock back in the hill, and I brought my 4'x8' mats for the back outriggers. Its still spooky sitting close to a edge like that, even though I knew it was good and solid underneath.
Do you have one leg shorter than the other from walking on a hillside so much . The damage was prob already done on the engine but one has to wonder why he didn't shut it down and call for help . The leaving it to you to find Monday would have been bad in my book