Customer is gutting & redoing a historical building in downtown of area town. Just doing my part some writing/artwork on the original walls of the 3rd floor I snap pictures of as I was bringing in the osb. Pretty neat I think.
Nice work ! Your rig sure saves a lot of work for the nail benders .:thumbsup
Glad to see you back posting again, us crane guys are few, we need all the pictures and chatter we can get. Looking at crane pictures is how I settle down at the end of the day, if I dont have this sight I might go over to some of the equipment for sale sites and no good can come from that.
Again with the nail benders! "If I drive an air nail through my finger do I not bleed" we are real people with real feeling. :stirthepot
Yeah, been a stranger lately. This forum & Red Power forum are the only 2 I'm interested in. I stay pretty active on RP, but need to try to keep up on here.
I have soft plan as well, when I took the training on it many years ago I met the guy that developed the program . It was developed in Ontario near me. It is an awesome program, I don't use it as much as I used to,our building code changed and I was going to have to pass a bunch of government tests to be a "qualified person" so I just use it for farm building now.
Tradesman, while I learned on Microstation & AutoCAD....don't use any of that now. Self taught Softplan & have been using it since 2003. Just upgraded to 2016 & it is awesome. Works great for all my needs at the lumberyard. I don't know if you are on facebook or not, but this a group I belong to....you can waste a day looking @ other boom trucks.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/604533849697066/ This is another reason I haven't been around for awhile
Nice looking tractor! I have it's little brother a BN. Many years back I did a ground up rebuild on it and it looked about as pretty as your C with the exception of the ratty old tires it has on in. These days it is getting a bit rough looking, spray bomb paint does not hold up after 20+ years! It runs a 72 inch Woods mower to keep the weeds at bay on about 9 acres of lawn. If all equipment was a dependable as that old Farmall there would be a lot of us mechanics sweeping floors at Wally World!
thank you sir! it was a poor man's resto w/ rattle cans, but it turned out nice. This was my grandpa's C since the early 60's...it is a 1950. IH tractors are my other passion.
Lol that's good stuff. I grew up with a nail pouch strapped to my backside. I can still bend nails with the best of them. I'm always thankful I'm in the crane these days. I've thrown enough walls around.
Good one Tradesman ! I better re phrase the " nail bender " to Carpenter or Framer . Nice looking Farmall redneckchevy !:thumbsup
Don't change your manner of speech for me, my wife says I'm to sensitive
Thanks TD! I have never heard the term "nail bender". I have always said "wood butcher". Trust me, some of the guys I have delivered to over the years are exactly that. While other guys are great at framing, but suck at finish work or vice versa. In the area I am delivering, I would say almost all of our contractors that use us as a supplier are good and above carpenters. Unfortunately, some guys think if they walk into home Depot, buy some boards,and get a "contractors club" hat, they are super contractor. In most cases, if I see a guy stroll into the yard with a hat like that on, I just laugh and let him talk himself into a corner trying to sound like he knows what he is talking about. Nice looking Farmall redneckchevy !:thumbsup[/QUOTE]