Been looking for one of these Loaders in the Michigan area, I see there are a couple still for sale (from years ago) in the for sale section, just wondering if they still are? I can't contact them directly. Or if anyone would know where I could find just the backhoe attachment for one?
I had two of them and tried to sell just the BACKHOE----UP at Clare. Was not able to sell just the hoe. One was a Case and the other one was a very nice JD. SOLD BOTH MACHINES.....Wish I had the one back with the JD ON IT......................................Manistee is where there is probably just he hoe---the fella had a few of them ...
Thanks for the reply lenray. I found a loader with just the back blade, but really need a backhoe right now, so hoping to see if the backhoes are available before making the purchase. Or just find another with both the back blade and hoe included.
Hello vetter-----I liked the DO MOR for the front bucket and loading trucks etc. I did not like the backhoe feature as I felt it was too clumsy. I have a JD 410 C 4X4 hoe and it is a lot newer and a lot easier to run. Maybe just me, but do love the DO MORS. I also felt the Detroit 3-53 was some under powered--especially on the road..
Thanks Lenray, all good information. Actually the Domor would fit my budget and needs perfectly. I really want something to restore, and use around the property for various things, I wouldn't be working it very hard. The things built like a tank, and would run forever with the proper care, I like the older machines.
Nice CAT backhoe unit--just the hoe on Battle Creek Craigs under heavy equip.
How was the backhoe attach setup? I'm sure it was some sort of quick attach bracket, so the hoe and blade could easily be changed, would a bracket be hard to fabricate, so I could use any hoe? I see a few old hoes taken off tractors for somewhat cheap.
The hoe would have the same bracket as the blade---very easy to add if it doesn't have one. I could go from blade to hoe in 10 minutes including hooking up the hydraulics and unhooking the blade. I converted my blade to a 3 pt. using a 756 IHC tractor...............
Sounds like a perfect setup for what I need, blade and hoe. So you still have the Domor blade you use on your tractor?
Yeah I still have the blade----I have a dozen rental driveways I maintain--some 1/4 mile long. That blade will go down in the hardest dry dirt and move it.............Did you ever come to clare and look at my DOMORS when they were for sale--I am just west of the big amish sale held every spring and fall.................
I just learned about the Domors this last few months, I was actually researching backhoes and found out about these. So now I'm in the market for one, so if you see or know of any around let me know. How long ago did you sell yours?
Did ya buy a DO MOR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>///??????????????????
No, I ended up buying a JD crawler to level out a area to build my pole barn.