Could have been worse , only time it hurt bad was on removal . Didnt bleed and was only tender for a couple of days afterwords
Ouch! Glad it’s all healed and you’re back at it.
I was at work next day it happened last wensday its far from healed yet , this one might take a little while but it barely hurts .
That's an "oh ****" moment - after the pain stops that is........... I hope it all heals up OK, and soon
OH MY GOD DUDE.!!!
Hood springs are to be removed with someone holding the hood tilted towards cab. Not the first wound I've seen from removing hood springs. Normally it's several huge blood blisters from getting pinched between the coils. Sorry you got hurt.
Im used to macks i can undo those no problem they are wimpy . I have now learned the hard way petes are a 2 person job no matter what . I was lucky as it really doesnt hurt and is not impending my work at all just have to keep a nitrile glove on that hand so as to keep the puncture pount clean .
Potentional energy is dangerous, hydraulic or mechanical. Hope it heals fast.
Just another scar documenting a lesson learned the hard way.
Same as Truck Shop I've been pinched , but never impaled. That only happens once, ya gotta prop the hood on something to lessen the tension. A forklift and a mudflap or pallet work great and are adjustable. I'm thinking lesson learned for everyone who sees those photos, maybe.
Don't forget pneumatic. Air does some wicked **** as well.
Especially if you're being stupid with it. I'm pleading the 5th on that subject lol.
Thank you for differentiating that, do to my background I always think gases=fluids and need to learn to explain that haha