Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan

Kenskip1 ยท 2020-05-23 01:44

This should be a good one.I was watching a video on a Bobcat skid steer Just an oil change, fuel oil and air filter. The man doing this mentioned that the engine was a Doosan.Until recently I have never heard of this manufacturer.I am aware that Bobcat uses Kubota,Nissan engines but never the Doosan brand. Can anyone give me any words of wisdom on these engines? Thanks, Ken

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-05-23 02:03

    Bobcat is part of the Doosan group.

  2. #2NepeanGC2020-05-23 07:36

    Yep, Bobcat is owned by Doosan, and most of their powerplants are Doosan these days. I've got 3 machines with Doosan engines. Had 2 with Kubota. No real difference in performance or durability from my perspective.

  3. #3excavator2020-05-23 12:22

    Bobcat used Kubota engines for years. Kubota stayed out of the skidsteer market as long as that was happening but as soon as Bobcat was bought out by Doosan and they began to put their own engines in the machines Kubota jumped into the skidsteer market. Around here at least, Bobcat used to be very popular now it's mostly Kubota.

  4. #4John C.2020-05-23 16:20

    I seem to remember something about Doosan buying out the Mercedes Diesel engine company. Does anyone remember if that is true?