Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan D25s-7

ALex Carson ยท 2019-10-07 09:20

Hello Everyone Im working on a doosan d25s-7 a diesel engine that was at another shop. It is smoking very badly, just puffs of white smoke from the exhaust that smells like diesel. The other shop replaced the fuel rail, the turbo, and the injectors. After they replaced those things they could not get it started, so they sent it here to our shop. I was able to get the injectors coded and get the truck started, but when it runs about 3 mins the white smoke starts puffing out. I was gonna check the compression and the timing on the engine. Before I get started is there any things else that i would need to check out or have anyone ran into this problem on a unit like this one. Thanks alot

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-10-07 10:16

    Ya might wanna do a coolant pressure check 1st.. its easy & it sounds like u might be equipped w/ the tools. Does it smell like fuel or coolant..??

  2. #2ALex Carson2019-10-09 12:33

    I started back on it yesterday i pressure up the coolant and its holding pressure and not leaking. It did smell like fuel, but i did find one of the new injectors that the other shop replaced was indeed bad i replaced it and i also removed the egr valve cleaned it out because it was clogged badly, and that did the trick no more smoke. Thanks alot for your help.