Doosan DX235 Excavator Dead.. Wont start My guys were running our 2012 Doosan DX235 excavator (non DEF machine) and it just died. When it died, they were working on a relatively steep incline, but nothing too bad. It had a 1/4 tank of fuel and it was assumed the incline caused the pickup tube to not get the fuel and cause it to starve. We filled up the tank, removed the fuel filters, filled them all the way up with diesel and tried to start it- nothing.. Removed the hoses after the filters, bled and primed- Still nothing.. Called the mechanic and he came out and took pressures on the fuel pump and we are getting 600 bar at the common rail, however after each injector, he is getting less than the required 300 bar on all injectors. His diagnosis is all 6 injectors are bad.. This machine has run very smoothly up until now and for all the injectors to go out simultaneously doesnt make sense to me. There are no codes being given, the fuel filters were replaced just a week ago after a full service- there is no dirt in the lines. It was never missing before this. I just don't believe all 6 injectors died all at the same time. That never happens unless trying to start it after it ran out of fuel damaged them, but that doesn't make sense to me either.. But *** do I know.. These injectors are not cheap and before I buy all new injectors only to find out it wasn't the problem, I need to make sure I am exploring all avenues.. Can anyone here chime in and help me?
IF the pump has the correct pressure & the injectors don't.. that tells me something in the electrical system isn't telling the injectors to fire?? but *** do I know??{seriously} Lol Check the fuses.. might have popped some, trying to crank it.?? This is just a guess mind you.. I honestly don't know how they fire..
What is the full model number of your machine with dash number ? DX235NLC-5
DX235 LCR DHKCEBAKVBEC0005277
DX235 LCR DHKCEBAKVBEC0005277
We checked the injector signal. The injectors are getting a signal to open.
Good day The circumstances you point out sound similar to one of our experience's when the fuel had been contaminated with water. This is known to distroy the modern injection system very quickly. Kind regards Uffex
What is your email address ?
PLEASE don't keep us in suspense TK.. if you know how to diagnose this, let us all know. Or are you just sending him an elec. diagram??
I have the books on it ,but in the middle of something at the moment .I can send them to you if you would like to take a look so you can see how it is set up.
Got it.. thank you..
I just sent you a PM with my email address. I spoke with the mechanic and now he is saying he thinks it might be a cam sensor. Anyone have any experience with this?
The engine will run with only one speed sensor, but may not run with a failed sensor. Unplug the cam sensor and try starting. If no start, plug back in the cam sensor, and unplug the crank sensor and try to start. Unit will crank longer than normal before starting. Unless you had a large amount of water in your fuel tank, it doesn't seem likely that all the injectors have failed at once. One faulty injector can cause low rail pressure though. Any water in the fuel tank or filters? Pre filling your fuel filters is bad practice, and can introduce contamination into your fuel system. I had one with a similar issue, the ECM had failed. It blew the ECM fuse once, and wouldn't start again after that. Any blown fuses on your machine?
Its virtually impossible for ALL 6 inj. to go bad at the same time.. BUT it did happen to me once, 3 cyl.. BUT they were mechanical injectors & the guy was running something other than D. fuel.. they gaulded & froze up quick.!!
Update: The machine was working on about 30% grade. We had recently had the machine serviced by the dealer. The fluids were not low. However, further analysis, ALL 12 push-rods are bent, so something catastrophic happened. This machine has 1700 hours on it. I am trying my hardest to figure out why this would occur. Anyone with any similar experiences?
Well, that escalated quickly. Not sure I have ever heard of an engine bending all the push rods. Did it break the nose off the cam or shear a key somewhere?
Not sure. They are telling me it does sound cam related. WE are sending a camera down it tomorrow.
sheared key.. water in the fuel or a good dose of ether would do it.. Sorry for your troubles..