Hey guys I would like to buy either doosan 225 or volvo 210. These are my two options because of the price and these two machines are bigger for almost 12000 us cheaper then their smaller cat, komatsu etc counterparts. Also cat excavators in south africa are made in china so that's a turn off. I would appreciate all input even advice on other machines. Thanks
doosan it will dig when you want it too, volvo make a good truck they should stick to it they havent the first notion how to make a digger
I like the Volvo excavators, but have only had experience with the 360, 460, and 700 sizes. No experience whatsoever with the Doosan, so I won't judje it. To me, it would come down to dealer support. They will both break down, but which dealer can get you what you need to make it go again, and do it quickly?
I thought volvo bought off samsung and acquired their technology? So my next question was samsung a bad machine? I'm asking out of ignorance. thank you
Another South African... welcome! Volvo did indeed buy out Samsung, I have never known Samsung excavators to be anything but lacking, and they didn't last for very long, as far as I know samsung machines had rather sloppy hydraulics that started to act up at the slightest mention of 'hard work'... My only issue with Volvo is the cooling system that can't handle very well with tropical climates, whereas the Doosan "DX" excavators for the developing world are the 'Africa/Asia' version, with larger cooling packs and Tier 2 engines.
Doosan fan in terms of general mantainance and servicing which machine is more expensive?
DoosanFan, out of curiosity, how much time do you have operating the two machines you've discussed?
I will be honest with you. I am not an operator, I am a student, but being around people with experience of the machines has given me insight. I don't pretend to know all about maintenance, I only attempt to echo more experienced HEF members with regards to those issues. I know a good deal of contractors, mostly in forestry who have given me some insight into what machines they buy and why. My personal preference is Doosan, not that I believe it to be without faults, but it is not popular in forestry at the moment as it is not a relatively established OEM, relative to say Hitachi; what i do know about them is that they are good for what you pay and you get the job done. Mavrick: what you put in, you get out.
i think volvo is best
Hi I have a question: Why in europe they use a lot of those excavator with 2 pieces boom? and why here we don't use it. Thank you
Last year I was looking for a 200 sized machine I demoed a new doosan 225 for a month it went back in two weeks. They are put together pretty cheap joy sticks falling apart switches not working. I was pretty good on fuel though. Needless to say I bought another Volvo 210C which was 10k cheaper then doosan and had hyd quick attach camera GPS tracking and 3 year 3000hr unlimited warranty.
I think Doosan is or was terex at one time.??? When I bought my 2007 volvo 240, i accidentally bought a 2006 terex 225 as well. (online auction gone bad, but thats another story) Anyway, truck them both home and had them both in my yard at the same time to compare. I wasn't sure which i was going to keep. Both machines were low hour, in pristine clean condition. My impression: the volvo was noticeably smoother, quieter, less pump whine. These were the first machine i had ever run so i really couldn't judge them that well. One thing i did notice is the volvo is much better equipped. It has several more filters which i thought was a good thing. The pilot circuit, hammer circuit have their own filter, the terex only had one main filter. Volvo had the straight travel pedal, hammer circuit, heavier steel on the underside of the carbody. That won't matter if you spend your time on pavement, but i can get into pretty deep mud sometimes. Volvo had grease banks. Terex didn't. Terex had more bucket pin bushing wear, on less hours. Volvo had the control pattern changer valve, terex didn't. Volvo had quick attach, all set up for a thumb. I think the terex had a doosan engine, which i had no experience (read faith) in. With the number of volvo truck engines around, i figured the volvo motor must have something going for it. The terex was nearly half the cost of the volvo. I think the terex would have done the job just fine, but i kept the volvo mostly because it was a few tonne heavier, and speced out stronger. Also Volvo is Strongco around here, who also deal with CASE, who has my farm equipment business. Like i said , i didn't have much to go on at the time. Ken
Mate a client of mine runs over 190 volvo diggers very civil works company and they swear by them and i would say they are a lot better digger then a doosan , part will be the issues with volvo parts are normaly more expensive but i would say the volvo would be heaps better.
Terex distributed Doosan Solar range excavators for a time, I don't think they do it anymore, and the Solar machines are slowly being phased out in favour of the DX range.