Ok Guys, Lets say I have an Uncle that is a big redneck, and over the years this Uncle has tossed about 10,000 used tires in an old quarry hole on his property. Now lets say I wanted to clean it all up and haul those tires off, but didn't want it to take me 200 trips to the dump. Is there a towable machine out there that will grind or shred these tires so I can minimize the number of loads it takes me? Can I rent one? Where can I find one?
Hmmm, what's your budget? That's a crap load of tires... Your "Uncle" must drive a lot.:cool2
martin tire recycling marion ky
I'd like to rent something to put onsite, so to answer your question, my budget would be pretty limited...can I rent something like this at Martin Tire Recycling?
RTH Processing here in Ohio grinds tires for use in gym floor materials amongst other things. They possibly would want them or know who does what you are wanting. It would be worth a phone call anyways.
in your shoes i would call either martin tire or rth processing. they are in the business. they ll be able to tell you whos got what you need or other options. martin tire does on site shredding. probly worth a google and a phone call.
Cutting the in 1/2 or 1/3 will save you a bunch of room but it ain't any fun. Unless you have a hoe with a shear and it still kind of sucks then.
I can answer your question. It is called a primary shredder . Looks like a horizontal grinder but this machine will grind up railway ties, garbage, tires, light steel, aluminum etc. I have even seen a video on YouTube of full cars getting thrown into one. Should grind your tires in a few days no problem.
when we get a pile of tires we put the shear on the excavator and cut them up into pieces. easy cheap way to process them. just an idea I wanted to pass along.
10 gallons of diesel & a lighted rag maybe ..? I guarantee once the fire gets a hold there won't be a fire brigade in the world can put it out.
Yair . . . Nige The same thought occured to me . . . but I didn't have the gall to come right out and actually say it . . . sheesh LOL Cheers
I remember way back in my mis-spent youth my old man & grandfather had a transport business run out of what had previously been the local colliery yard. The only thing left apart from the buildings we used as workshops was the chimney from the steam boilers used for running the shaft winding engine & providing heat. You can see what's coming here can't you..? Want to dispose of a load of old tyres ..? Roll them into the base of the chimney, stack them as high as you can go and have at 'er with a lighted rag & some diesel. The draft through the chimney would get a good welding heat on ...... and the smoke could be seen for miles ............
Option #1...Recycling looks like the best first step. Look around and online for a tire recycling company. If you have a massive amount of tires, these companies may not charge anything to set up camp at your place for awhile for processing. If you have the capability to grab and load these tires onto a truck for them, you could save a bit of money. Option #2...Rent a big tub grinder and feed it the tires. You still have to drive to dispose of ground rubber and the steel casing and bead wire, unless you find one that sorts out coarse and fine. Then you could sell the steel wire as scrap. A not so good option #3...Burning this pile would create a huge mess of hazardous material. Not to mention the pile would burn for a full week. You might be billed for cleanup if the DNR notices this.
Google it. All the information and answers to your inquiry are at your disposal via keyboard.
Well what we did a few times was take a couple loads of tires and worn out tracks to the back side of my uncles farm. Waited till we had a rainy dark night and set the pile on fire. My cousin went down a few days later and picked up all the metal left over and got about $200. But I don't think there is a valley deep enough or far enough away to set 10,000 tires on fire.
You might look into giving the tires to a business that builds houses out of them. http://earthship.com/Earthship-Designs/tire-building-code.html
FRISKY well if it was my red neck uncle,I would see if I could hire a tub grinder and try and sale the end product,used for rubber matting,road sealing.
Lehigh cement in Leeds, AL burns old tires in their kilns, mixed with coal. Do you have any cement kilns in your area? Tires make good fuel due to the petrol content.
Call Oprah Winfrey , she knows how to fix anything. Or she'll send DR. Phil out to evaluate your uncle. Then she will send out DR. Oz to warn of the dangers of breathing if burned, while making a few million off of it. And look under your seat for something free.
how about baling them into a usefull product ,quite big here in the UK http://tyrebales.co.uk/
if they are commercial size tires such as 22.5 or 24.5 truck shops will give you a couple of bucks for them to use as recaps if they are a good hull.