Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer

Catd6h ยท 2013-02-01 01:53

Is there a valve control to speed the lift a the blade on a d6h????

Replies14
  1. #1Cat_man3202013-02-02 12:14

    Not that I know off, however , if your blade is slow rising there are two things that it could be your trouble . First your hyd. pump could be worn , second is that the relief valve could be stuck or the relief spring could be weak . Check both of them and you will find your problem . The only other situation that could be your problem is that the seals in the lift rams are worn out and by- passing but I doubt it .

  2. #2John C.2013-02-02 19:06

    Don't forget the manual control linkages can be worn out and the control valve not stroking all the way.

  3. #3CM19952013-02-02 19:43

    Welcome to the Forums catd6h!:drinkup

  4. #4Cat_man3202013-02-02 21:06

    Thats true John but that would be so easy to check and i figured any mechanical minded guy would be checking the linkage first . Your right though and that could be the problem .

  5. #5Catd6h2013-02-03 15:15

    Sorry catman320 mate i just joined this site and just asked that qiustion to se if i Sorry catman320 ijust join this site mate and posted this to se if it would come up and i did check this so thanks guys for your help

  6. #6Catd6h2013-02-03 15:17

    Wats your thought cat_man320??

  7. #7rivroshaun2013-02-03 15:29

    Is there a problem with the speed or do you just want it to be faster?

  8. #8DPete2013-02-03 17:36

    Not sure about a 6H but a 6R has pilot control so if the pilot pressure is low it possibly won't open the main valve completely. There are also resolvers with seals that can go bad and not direct oil correctly.

  9. #9Bob/Ont2013-02-03 17:46

    I think your hyd pump might be a Flow on Demand Piston Pump (load senseing pressure compensated) and if so uses a signal to open up the pump. If there is a signal problem it will be slow. Later Bob

  10. #10HATCHEQUIP2013-02-03 22:12

    check the valve on the side of pump sometimes it get a little piece of something in it and sticks and then the valve wont stroke the pump. I have seen the pilot valve have sticking spools that activates the valve on the pump but usually its the pump valve

  11. #11Catd6h2013-02-04 01:43

    Thanks guys for your feedback it was the pump that i wasnt sure about cheers

  12. #12Construct'O2013-02-04 20:15

    I think the D6R 2003 was the first year for pilot control machines .Older R's and H's wasn't pilot.

  13. #13HATCHEQUIP2013-02-04 20:46

    my fault just going from memory:beatsme but I know its got the valve on side of pump for stroking I am correct on that part aren't I:beatsme

  14. #14Highdrive2013-02-06 09:18

    I would ask what size dozer you ran before the D6R? I have run D6R's for many years and find that compared to any smaller Cat dozers the blade response has never been what I would call quick. It seems the hydraulic pump used to operate the blade is a shared pump with another circuit, maybe diff steer, don't remember. But later D6R's used a dedicated pump as I recall reading somewhere. In general the D6R blade has always been slow especially compared to the older D5H or the D6M or N.