Does anyone advise the purchase of a 6 way dozer blade for a compact track loader or skid steer?
Depends on what you're going to use it for. I used one a little last summer closing tile trench. Worked really well. It was one that had two gauge wheels out the front. What are you looking to do with it?
I own a t630 bobcat that it would be going on, and closing trenches will be one job it will do. Building roads, cleaning ditches, and removing vegetation before building pads is some more work it may see. I am not too bad with a bucket now, but think it will take a while to learn its ways.
Handy as a pocket in your shirt for loose material, such as closing ditches. For building roads and removing vegetation, I would strongly recommend a 4n1 over a dozer blade. I think you will find the 4n1 to be much more versatile than the dozer blade.
Bought one last year for use with the 289. As stated above in the right application they are great. You will need to learn how to keep the skids in contact with the ground when doing road and virgin work as it will attempt to dig aggressively due to the short track vs forward offset of the blade. However once you master that for your machine, they are a great addition being able to windrow material. Just takes some getting use to.