Looking at a D6T LGP from trash dump, it runs and moves but blade won’t move. No hrs listed
Looking to buy it.? Got a Serial Number.? There are a dozen or so LGP versions of the 6T.
I’m looking to buy no serial posted and waiting on a call back. It’s a good price but don’t know what it might take to fix
Have you operated it yourself or just taking someone else's word for it that it moves.?
I’m looking to buy no serial posted and waiting on a call back. It’s a good price but don’t know what it might take to fi
I haven’t seen it move
$10,000
Cat00d6tchz00828 They said this is Ser as far as they can tell
What does the chz00828 mean nige
Ask them for a photo of the PIN plate. Somewhere towards the end there is a character missing. I think the last 9 (which includes the machine Serial Number) might be CHTZ00828, but when I check it that particular number it comes up as "does not exist".
Don't take anyone's word for it until either you see it with your own eyes or run it.
$10K?? The blade assembly is worth that alone not including the rest of the tractor. Do not send them any money whatsoever until you can put your rear end in the seat and crank it. Sounds like a scam that are so prevalent now a days. BUYER BEWARE.
10K, better make sure you know who the real owner is before the $ go out. That is the best price I have ever seen for something like that. Could be a scam. Its likely worth that much with a blown engine. The scary stuff would be fried electronics. Blade problem could be a quick drop valve issue. Will it tilt? Pump? Low on fluid? Pump drive/ splines, lots of could be things depending on what is happening or not happening. If some transaction happens have some witnesses, and do it at your bank and get their Id. Lots of folks with strange names selling low priced stuff or scams on places like Facebook Market place, I passed up some what looked like good deals there. Maybe start at the Cat dealer to search the original purchaser and try to follow up on them selling etc. etc.
I mis-read the price as $100k not $10k. As above - this smells like week-old fish. Need the Serial Number for that and it hasn't been supplied yet, at least not a genuine complete S/N that is. See above.
Something tells me the "people" selling this machine will not provide OP with a serial #...
At $10k I'd buy it sight unseen... Your garenteeed your money back x 2 at that price even if something else serious was wrong with it... If it's not a scam and a real deal, then you better jump on it cause someone else will... but just be cautious as there's a lot of scammers out there these days.. But I've seen guys get lucky like this before so don't automatically discredit it as a scam, just be smart about it.
Braver than I am...
Cm1995 Brave, nah..... Its Most likely that I'm just Dumber... or just dumb enough to make such poor decisions.
It says lot 23 on the window and hydraulics bad like an auction item. Could $10K just be the opening bid and is likely to go way up? If it is an auction it may have reserve price as well. Hydraulics may or may not be something simple to fix.
There is a thread here on HEF that I will not link to about equipment scammers that have caused us a host of issues with the Forum. Scams like that are extremely prevalent and steal millions of dollars from people every year.
Also beware that those landfill lgp tractors are loaded down w additional weight. If you were buying it with the intention of using it in soft conditions, shell swamp pretty easy. Don’t ask how I know
And all the added garbage stuffed into every crevice on the machine.