Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer boarding ladder systems, D10-D11 class dozers

TomCat795F ยท 2011-03-15 21:44

It's been a while since I have visited the forum, things look busy as ever! I need a little help from the pro's, you guys! I have heard horror stories over the last few years of dozer boarding ladder systems used on Cat D10-D11 class machines, but if anyone could share any info or pictures of systems that have worked or failed. I would be forever greatful:notworthy Edit: Thanks in advance!!! TC

Replies3
  1. #1Jim Chadwick2013-06-28 18:45

    Hi TC I see there are a lot of ladders out there all claiming to be operator and maintenance friendly. Most boarding ladders and stairs are operated by a power pack which means you are carrying more dead weight. Should there be an emergency and there's no engine or electrical power the stairs/ladder wont come down. There are now systems available that meet every requirement that should there be a power failure the stairs or ladder by gravity lower to the ground.

  2. #2Knocker of rock2013-06-28 21:11

    I know that a big cause of time lost injuries in cranes is climbing in and out of them. I'm sure big dozers would be similar

  3. #3Gavin84w2013-06-29 11:28

    The genuine ladder is hard to beat, integrated in design, parts readily available where you already go now.