Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dozer front lights needed

timmi ยท 2012-10-09 00:36

Hello all, my new to me 1989 D3C does not have front lights on it anymore. The light brackets are also gone. Bought it this way, don't know why they are missing. Do you guys have any recommendations or preferences for front lights? Aftermarket is cool too... lights have come a long way since 1989. Thanks Tim (First dozer, VERY excited for its arrival and to get it running!!)

Replies10
  1. #1Dualie2012-10-16 22:59

    LED's are all i will buy anymore

  2. #2vapor3002012-10-16 23:35

    6 KC lights on top of cab should work! lol

  3. #3pp13bnos2012-10-17 08:40

    Hey timmi, If you're going to be working at night in cold weather, (Brrrrr....open cab I think will really suck in this case.) I think I would go away from a LEDs. From what I understand they won't produce much heat, to melt snow/ice that lands on them. Just my thoughts, CJ BTW, nice looking little dozer.

  4. #4lumberjack2012-10-17 08:50

    How much do you plan on using the lights and what will you be doing?

  5. #5JGS Parts2012-10-17 08:59

    I would say LED 240Watt Bar light across the top that would light up heaps and a 120Watt bar across the back it is what we run on our wheel loaders.

  6. #6Colorado Digger2012-10-17 09:01

    All you will do by mounting light on tops of the rops is rip them off. All our lights are tucked under the canopy. I don't know how much clearing the dozer will do but I would keep that stuff protected.

  7. #7timmi2012-10-18 00:56

    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Going with some HID floods in the front, and one in the back. Haven't decided where to mount them yet however. The dozer will have many purposes... cutting in driveways, clearing pads, stump removal, gravel spreading, log skidding and snow removal....

  8. #8Multiracer2012-10-23 12:00

    Is your machine 24 volts ? I have been looking at replacing our standard old incandescent lights with something newer and brighter. It is a D-6H with forword looking lights only for now.

  9. #9jackie6062012-10-25 01:35

    Hello timmi,if you consider to purchase it from the aftermarket parts,contact with us,we will try to offer you some suggestion.

  10. #10SVIPD2012-10-25 08:22

    Take a look at http://www.translectricinc.com They have great products and as most have said the LED is the way to go, If you see something you like let me know. We are a distributor for them.