Hey so I use a bulldozer at a house that I work at. I would like to know what the dozer is exactly, year and model specific-wise. Here is a picture:
Help on this is much appreciated. I know its a fiat hesston with 665cm tread...thats written on it. Specific info would be awesome! lemme try the image again...
damn it didnt work. Sorry for triple posting. oh well the link is there.
The link to the pic works fine, I've just never seen one of those, don't know nothing about them. :beatsme
Hesston was a US manufacturer of hay and forage implements. Hesston imported FIAT tractors and sold them under the Hesston brand. 1977 Fiat Trattori takes over Hesston, thus gaining entry into the North American market. Fiat Trattori takes over Agrifull, which specializes in small-medium size tractors. In 1991, Hesston was purchased by AGCO. 1993 N.H.Geotech changes its name to New Holland, thus marking the end of a transition period. After a very successful year for both joint ventures, F.H. Construction Equipment is merged with Fiat-Hitachi Excavators. The resulting joint venture thus covers New Holland's whole product range in the earthmoving sector. New Holland and the Barrera Group sign a new agreement expanding their co-operation in the tractor and agricultural machinery sector and increasing to 50% New Holland's participation in the Mexican joint venture which takes the name New Holland de Mexico. Wow talk about a b*****d child. I thought the gray market machines were a problem. Could be Fiat-Hitachi / New Holland / or Agco knows about parts for it?
http://www.newholland.com/nh/mileston.htm http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Hesston This was a fun read: http://www.kipnotes.com/AgriculturalMachinery.htm Fiat bought into Hesston in the late 1970s and became the sole owner in 1987. In 1988 Case International purchased a 50 percent share and the plant became Hay and Forage Industries. In 1991 Agco acquired Fiat’s shares and the Hesston brand once again had American owners http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/**/NA/CombHarv/HesstonArticle.pdf
hesston plant is just down the road a bit... I mostly see farm equipment & oilfield pump jacks coming from there.... your right they have merged several times, this is the current owners ... http://www.agcocorp.com
Hesston is also big in National Finals Rodeo... The buckle collections go for quite a bit at auctions
ok thanks guys. basically...I have a mutt bulldozer. Sweet. Ill just call it a '78 then. Its quite old and complicated so I would want to make it sound too new. Runs like a top though, even the PTO backhoe works great.
This is a great forum from the UK, I'll bet you can find some information if you asked your question here. http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/ Very interesting forum and a good crew there. hope this helps, Alan627b