Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer or Wheel Loader

cgfreeland ยท 2008-01-19 10:55

I have 100 acres here in texas and was needing to fill in three small tanks and dig one that is 1.0 to 1.5 acres. I have some rocks and things I need to scoop up and bury. I can't find anything but junk in texas for 12-15k in a dozer but I did however find a fiat allis fr20 in my budget that has a 4.5 yard bucket. I was looking at older d6's by cat. Should I go for the wheel loader if it's pretty clean or continue the search? I know you can't grade with the wheel loaer but other than that that I would think the wheel laoder would dig a tank 1 to 1.5 acres about 10 foot deep ok but I am inexperieinced on such things. Biggest thing I've driven so far is a jd350 which was a pile compared to the cat d3. Niehter will dig a tnak of that size though. Thanks for any advice---

Replies0

No replies yet.