Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dozer upgrade

townlineterry ยท 2013-09-17 04:56

I have a John Deere 1010 and need to go to a bigger machine but stay at 10,000 poundss which in the Deere line means a 350, or a International 500C. These are the only manufacteres I am familar with. So my qeustion is what are the other candidates? And any problems specific to the machine? Greatly appreciate any advise. Terry

Replies6
  1. #1rustyshakelford2013-09-17 08:36

    An older case 450 might be around that Brett

  2. #2stumpjumper832013-09-17 15:41

    why the 10k pound restriction? Are you hauling it with a pickup by chance?

  3. #3mitch5042013-09-17 16:34

    A D21 Komatsu is just under 10,000 lbs and I think it is the only one still made except for the Chinese stuff. The baby Kommies are very well made and parts availability is excellent.

  4. #4oldtanker2013-09-17 17:54

    And very expensive. Rick

  5. #5townlineterry2013-09-17 19:49

    Thanks for the replies. This is pretty much Deere country so you don't hear much about other machines. Now that you mention the Komatsu I have heard good things about them, will check them out. Not worried about expensive parts, they all are. If I go over 10,000 I have to go to heavier truck and that size dozer is about right for the type of work I am doing. Terry

  6. #6mitch5042013-09-17 20:17

    I bought one last year cause a man was getting a divorce and wanted cash today. I had only big equipment and didn't think I wanted anything little, (my littlest piece was a 22,000 pound dozer). Once I played with the D21, I kept it instead of selling it for $10,000 more than I paid! It's very impressive for it's size.