I bought a new to me Palm Pilot Tungsten online and I am unable to get it to connect to my excavator. The four prong plug that came with it looks similar to the receptacle on the excavator. I tried it both ways and am still getting a notice saying "communication problem" when I click start. I click Dr ZX when it's plugged in, then click "EPVC_Mid" then on "start". Then I see "communicating" followed by the error "communication problem. Check the controller power and communication harness." Here is a video of what I've tried, including removing the poor fitting plastic cover from the cord and connecting each tab directly into the receptacle: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UBjHUFF8pTgQqnFx6 Any suggestions?
Hey Joel, unfortunately I am in the same situation as you, although mine did work for a while. When I first got it, it would not connect with the plugged clicked in correctly. So I flipped it over and plugged it in (without de-pinning the connector like you did) and it connected. I went through the same menus that you did in the video. I have no idea why it won't work anymore. I even bought another palm pilot and copied the DrZX software onto it thinking maybe the palm pilot went bad or something because it was used. No luck! I have tried wiggling connectors and what not but nothing seems to help. Sometimes it will randomly connect and then loose the connection without warning while I am looking at the data. I also thought it might be the computers. My machine is running aftermarket computers for both the EC and the PVC. It communicated with my first PVC and then I got a second one under warranty and it would not communicate with that one. I had a computer repair shop fix the first PVC. It fried a transistor when one of the proportional control solenoids shorted to ground internally and pulled too much current through it. LACHAU here on the forum thought that my warranty PVC might be a "clone" and that's why I could not communicate with it. Anyway both PVCs run the machine just fine but I am unable to get the DrZX to reliably communicate with them. I kind of gave up and just went back to good ol test gauges to find out what's happening. The palm pilot was convenient though, wish it worked. Maybe somebody can help us both out!