Seems like we get a lot of slushy storms in the last few years. I push a 12 foot box blade with an L70 f. When pushing wet snow any distance, I find the water builds up in the box and washes the snow or slush out around the sides. Anyone ever try putting drain holes in their blades to let the water out and keep the snow in?
My guess is they will plug up with slush...Wet sloppy snow that turns to pure slush when you move it is a pita. Glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. Although it was fun when someone parked their car overnight where they weren't supposed to. A few high speed passes would cover it with several inches of slop that would freeze overnight..... Ed
Any hole big enough to let water strain through slush would just let the snow come through when you get snow. Best to change your technique on plowing. Lose your snow faster, not to let it build up. If you’re clearing parking lots, or streets one at a time. Might be a better option to slot plow it. Start closer to your destination and work your way backwards farther away. So that your windrows along the sides will cradle the snow in your slot . And so that it’s still not building up and overflowing the capacity. Just a thought.
My issue is with the small storms. Not enough for any windrows. I find the water fills the box then forces the snow out and around the sides. I used to use the method you're talking about when I had a straight power angle blade, kind of like grubbing with the dozer. I 'm just talking about 2 or 3 inches followed by a couple hours of rain. The reason I wonder about it is there is lone bolt hole that sprays water and never plugs in the small storms