Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dreams/Nightmares

catkicker ยท 2010-09-17 21:31

Wondering if some of the crane operators here ever have dreams about operating. Over the last 10 years or so i have had 4 or 5 dreams that I can remember, unfortunately there not good ones like being in the seat of something like a Manitowoc 31000 doing a near max capacity lift it goes great I get the big bonus and my picture in the paper. LOL! I don't know what triggers them but just once I would like to have one that does not involve some kind of near disaster or worse a a disaster of epic proportions. last night I had a dream some parts were pretty sketchy and other parts were shockingly real to me. It was enough to keep me awake for about a hour before I get back to sleep.

Replies16
  1. #1boomguy2010-09-17 22:01

    :spaz

  2. #2willie592010-09-17 22:26

    Naa, my dreams are typically complete nonsense, random, disconnected tidbits of this that and the other that makes no sense in the real world. I wake up and ask "what the %&# was that?" lol One time though, years ago, was pouring concrete with a bucket. Wife told me I moved my legs and arms all through the night and kept her awake. bah ha ha ha

  3. #32stickbill2010-09-17 22:54

    Dreamed I went home with a Beautiful woman.Next morning was sober WTH where did this ugly beast come from? But I did dream once about a bridge here.In my dream it was destroyed.Scary part was a few years later it was.A Semi took out the side supports.One section hit the ground.

  4. #4digger242j2010-09-18 07:27

    So are your posts... :lmao

  5. #5Tiny2010-09-18 11:00

    Atco , I think he knows you

  6. #6willie592010-09-18 17:20

    Wait a minute, not all...my last post made sense. Bah ha ha ha :tong

  7. #7qball2010-09-18 17:30

    every once in a while, i will have a vivid, epically scary dream about operating a tower crane and having it fall. hate those dreams.

  8. #8Lugghead2010-09-18 19:41

    lol

  9. #9stock2010-09-18 21:21

    DO you hit the ground? or do you wake up Qball?? Shoot if Atco is supposed to be spealing rubbish then I must be talking absolute.............................

  10. #10qball2010-09-18 22:11

    stock, i wake up with a jolt. my ex told me i would scream, too.

  11. #11grandpa2010-09-18 22:17

    Better not be too hard on him digger, with those kinds of dreams he might be a touch on the fragile side...bwhahahaha

  12. #12stock2010-09-19 16:14

    Qball that makes two of us................

  13. #13Orchard Ex2010-09-19 19:48

    Stock, how does qballs ex know that you scream? :naughty

  14. #14stock2010-09-20 04:01

    she was in my nightmare and was Qballs ...............................

  15. #15Bullpuncher2010-09-20 07:53

    I dream about work all the time. My ex usta hear me talking in my sleep about it. Stuff like " are you sure those forms only weigh 6'000 lbs" or "don't worry boss man we'll make up the diffrence in the next joint". She started freaking out when I started firing laborers in my sleep though...

  16. #16Aliate2010-09-20 21:20

    my ex says i get angry when im sleeping and mumble curse words lol. Usually I have dreams involving heavy equipment. One I can remember was I felt like it was the end of the world, like zombies were attacking or something and I was looking for a vehicle and I found a yard full of mobile cranes and I woke up before I could jump in one =((((((