Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser 1984 TD7G dozer – clutch pressure gauge

Chalsr ยท 2014-10-04 11:47

Hi- I recently purchased a 1984 Dresser TD7G dozer and had general question regarding the clutch pressure gauge. 1.) the needle on gauge is nearly out of run portion. It pushes fine, but would like to know if it's an indication of problem. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Rooster752014-10-05 21:20

    I have a 93 TD8G don't know how similar they are though. Mine has a filter on frame rail underneath brake pedal that may be dirty. It also has a screen in the main suction line going to transmission pump. It's at pump end of the hose. Pump could be goin south too. I would think your machine would be close to if not the same as mine. Good luck!!

  2. #2g_man2014-10-08 19:44

    Here is a list from the service manual for the possible cause of low pressure. 1-low oil 2-clogged pressure filter or suction filter 3-leaking suction line 4-worn pump 5-weak main spring or incorrect number of shims in main regulator valve 6-cold oil relief valve in the main regulator valve stuck open 7-steering system hydraulic leak 8-leaking manifold sealing rings on the input or output shaft. gg

  3. #3Chalsr2014-10-12 19:14

    Hi- I recently purchased a 1984 Dresser TD7G dozer and had general question regarding the clutch pressure gauge. 1.) the needle on gauge is nearly out of run portion. It pushes fine, but would like to know if it's an indication of problem. Thanks

  4. #4g_man2014-10-12 20:51

    If it is in the run zone it is OK but I would keep in mind the list I gave you above. I would make sure the oil level is OK and/or change it if you haven't already likewise change the pressure filter and clean the suction filter and tighten the clamps on the suction line. Does yours have a change filter indicator that pops up red when the pressure filter needs changing ? It is to the right of the instrument panel and looks like the one for the air filter on the instrument panel. Or maybe I have those locations reversed. If it pushes and steers good then that is a good sign.

  5. #5pdbigsky2018-03-18 21:05

    Have a Dresser TD7G and one brake gradually failed to turn machine. Cummins engine. What 'fix' will likely work?