dresser 200- Hi, do you have any information or news about the old Dresser 200 crawler - it has a rear engine and a Z arm like the new Cat, JD and Liebherr ones. I think it's to balance the weight and balance the machine setup and have more thrust and penetration force. Am I wrong? it is very similar to the old komatsu crawler both in weight and dimensions also similar to the 963 caterpillar am I wrong? 2 cubic meter bucket Komatsu D66S1 Crawler Loader Dresser 200
I’ve asked about them & the Komatsus are different machines. There are quite a few dead Komatsu D66 around my area but no Dresser 200s. I understand the powertrain controls are different between the Komatsu & the Dresser. My local Komatsu dealer advised me to stay away from the Komatsu machines as the drive control system is overcomplicated & gave much trouble when they were modern machines. For instance, there are 6 potentiometers that work to control the travel functions, & they don’t stay adjusted to correctly drive the machine. All 3 of the Komatsu machines for sale around here do not drive on their own: the hydraulics function just fine, but they don’t move themselves.