My manual says 14 quarts and to check level start in neutral and level should be about half in the site glass mine shows nothing But shut it off and it comes up to overfull When I drained the transmission it had 7 gallons in it What am I doing wrong?
That’s how they work. As I remember, check the level with the engine running, trans in neutral. Prior models didn’t have a sight glass. Only high and low pipe plugs. Proper level was above the low one engine running. When you changed fluid, you filled till oil came out the top plug hole for start up, then checked again after you started the engine.
So should I add oil till i see it in the site glass when its idling to the level it states in the book or leave it alone? It also says not to overfill it will cause cavitation in the oil
not cavitation (aeration)
The book is the final arbiter.