Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser Dozer Maintenance Video

John C. ยท 2016-02-07 12:29

I produced this program years ago for the dealership that sold these units. The dealership has gone through some sales and the name no longer exists. Since there are a few of these machines still around I'm hoping someone might pick up a kernel of info that might help in some way. https://youtu.be/vdKP-ugGvcU

Replies13
  1. #1repowerguy2016-02-07 16:38

    No ecm's, or computer readouts, just raw reliability, sigh... the good old days.

  2. #2g_man2016-02-07 19:00

    Hey Thanks. I have a TD7G but it is close enough. Nice video. gg

  3. #3Wes J2016-02-07 19:41

    How come I never see these Dresser machines? Were they low production machines?

  4. #4Iron@Dirt2016-02-07 19:48

    Have a d39 , like it ,good machine.

  5. #5FWD2016-02-07 21:54

    I have a TD-9H that is a 98 model. The transmission check and fill is in a different location and it has a door for getting into the hydraulic filter and grease fittings. The first time I changed the hydraulic filter I made a mess. I didn't relieve the pressure. Great video! They are good machines. That's a TD-15C in my Avatar. FWD

  6. #6John C.2016-02-08 00:16

    The production date was in 1994 and the H models had just come out. Did you have any problems with idler and roller seals leaking?

  7. #7FWD2016-02-08 20:15

    John C The dozer now has 2900 hours of which I have put 1000 hours. The previous owner gave a maintenance record since it was new. I believe two lower rollers were replaced on it when it was fairly new. It now has 1000 hours on the transmission fluid and I plan on changing it when it warms up. I plan on using Shell Spirax 10W a T04 oil. I like the TD9, but don't use it much any more. I just don't have the need for it. I use the TD15 even less. FWD

  8. #8John C.2016-02-08 22:06

    It seems the small dozers have been seeing less and less use as time goes by. What goes along with it is there are fewer operators that can run them to full potential. Thanks for the kind comment on the video. Hope it provides a kernel of something that can be used.

  9. #9JimP2016-02-10 07:19

    Thanks for sharing. I have a TD9H and the video is a nice addition to the operators manual. Mine must be a later model as the trans fill is behind the right access door. Its a farm dozer now so the hours go on slow.

  10. #10Dr. Ernie2016-03-01 06:53

    Small dozers have kinda a limited area of use, now with that said so do big dozers. Sales numbers on small dozers have always been higher than big machines, what you are seeing is a trend for the mid sized machines edging into the small market with the advancement of grade control, give the manufacturers time, the grade control will be brought into the smaller machines. I have a TD-12C for the work I do it is a ideal machine, for the most part... but sometimes it is like killing a fly with a shotgun... I really like the machine, I was on a job and the guy working next to me brought in a new D-6K and told me I needed to run it, so I spent some quality time on it, nice machine, but I like my 12 better, I would love to have the cab though. ... It is a shame that Dresser has never been giving the chance to thrive, Komatsu basically killed them off.

  11. #11bam19682016-03-01 07:49

    I believe the CTL /MTL machines have taken the place of alot of the smaller dozers Just my $.02

  12. #12Dr. Ernie2016-03-01 10:56

    I can see that in some applications.

  13. #13Td9H2023-04-02 06:14

    I am learning how to operate and service a Td9H, does the torque converter need to be drained when changing the transmission fluid? I was only able to recover approx 12-14 gallons when draining the transmission rear frame reservoir. I was expecting to recover 21 gallons according to the manual. THanks