I caught this dozer over the weekend. It has been sitting there for a few years now, but I'm not sure why, it seems to be in decent shape. I've been trying to do some research on these, and I can't seem to find much info on the TD-40s. Were they popular? Also, what dozers does this compare to? P.S. It seem that the large stuffed animal behind the controls has fallen asleep on the job. I know a few of you guys on here have mentioned this dozer before, so I figured I'd share the pic.
haha, everytime I drive by there, I always thought that was a Santa Claus in the seat. I am gonna find out what the deal is with that dozer. I wouldn't mind having that, we need a ripper tractor.
TD 40 had a Cummins engine @ 520 hp and a working weight around 65---70,000 kg and would be D10N, Kom D 375, Fiat Allis 41B size machine.
I'm thinkin Deas response might be if there were ever a bigger POS dozer I've yet to run one............they were plagued with trouble mostly final, probably why this one looks so good and never moves. This is badged Dresser so it maybe the later resurrected series which they still make???????
Hardtail, your not crossing this with the 41 Fiat allis are you? They were final drive eating monsters and about the same size.
At fIrst glance I was thinking it was a td25.Without the cab they look smaller.Td 40 is around 150,000 pound class machine.I wounder what the new rails fit laying beside it?
This must be the second generation as the first ill fated release I believe had a pumped up 817 in it, this one is Cummins so it must be the first of the current ones........I never thought the FA41's were that bad?.........Does the new TD40 really weigh 140,000 lbs, sure don't see many anywhere.......
Is it possible youre thinking of the old td30 that had the weak finals.If you want to see the new td40 go to www.dressta.com .
25C right you are.......getting confused with the ol TD40, ol TD30 and the new TD40, guess the ol TD30's were sooooo bad they will likely never resurrect that model again......so this maybe a good machine??????
Td-40b I have a TD-40B the old gal was running strong until april. no work for her, might be sitting for a while. Where is that 40 that granitefan drives by?
Its in Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Td-40b granitefan713 That Dresser TD-40B that Granitefan713 drives by in Wilkes-Barre, Pa Can anyone tell me if that Dozer is still sitting there? If it is I would really like to get in touch with the owner to find out if they plan on keeping it ? I have a 40B and need two more right away. Anyone who knows of a Dresser TD-40B in the Continetal U.S. I would greatly appreciate a heads up.
Dresser...good machine...i have seen many out there pushing dirt......could not sell parts till Komatsu stepped in and screwed up.....
Sorry it took so long to reply, but as of 6/18/11, I did not see it there. That doesn't necessarily mean is gone for good as this dealer has several locations, it may have been moved. If you want, send me a PM, and I can give you the contact information of the dealer.
Have TD40 available in Ontario Canada with or w/o engine. Can send pics if still shopping Cost $25000 W/O engine can be tested while engine in place. Cost $32000