Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser td15c questions

jdmccormick03 · 2023-09-16 18:38

Hello. I am new here and new to the dozer world in general. I cannot find much info on the dresser dozers. I am looking to buy one that has been sitting several years but ran fine when parked. It is a 1978 td15c. I got it started but I believe the injection pump needs some love as it will not respond to throttle position or shutoff. As well as having low power and bogging out. So for starters. And info on the pumps is appreciated. Second thing. The clutch pedal does nothing. It moves where it goes into case but zero resistance and doesn’t work. And ideas? Last is the powershift. I have never used one but have to basically be at full throttle to get tracks to spin when against a load. Is this normal or is converter shot? Sorry for the long post, and thank you for any reply’s

Replies4
  1. #1FWD2023-09-16 21:28

    There is no clutch pedal, only a smaller decelerator pedal, which would do nothing if you are having throttle problems. The only other pedal is a larger brake pedal. DWF

  2. #2jdmccormick032023-09-16 21:35

    Ok. So the brake pedal does nothing! Sorry I didn’t know if it was a clutch or brake

  3. #3Rustyshacklford2023-09-17 22:11

    Are you talking about the left or right pedal?

  4. #4jdmccormick032023-09-17 22:21

    Right pedal. Which I have been schooled as the brake.