Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dresser td20e general specs

RANDALL555 ยท 2012-09-27 14:05

can someone tell me what the specs are for a dresser td 20e like as year made size engine ,hp rating ,trans, total weight , is this a good machine , does it have known problems , is part hard to get , are parts more expensive than other machines , and just anything i should or is good to know . need to know soon going to buy one today

Replies3
  1. #1clansing12012-11-04 02:03

    53000 lbs, 200 HP International Havester V800 Engine (nearly impossible to get parts for and underpowered), can be "repowered" with an L10 cummins (that is what the 20G's have, transmission is a rockford twin disc, 2 speed steering, very similiar to the 20g's except for the engine. I would look for a good TD-20G and it will save you the headaches with the engine and it will have less hours. Very strong mechanically and similiar to fix.

  2. #2stumpjumper832012-11-04 06:47

    I think there were some 20e's with the cummins motor as well, but I'll second clasning's view of parts availability for the v800, you really want a different motor if something breaks or you need a gasket even. I was able to schrounge a nos rebuild kit from england together for a guy about 3 years ago. It did take forever and a day to get here and was salty too boot.

  3. #3hseII2025-05-12 22:54

    Do you happen to have a parts list? I know this is an old thread but a guy can hope?