Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD20g re-power LT10 to ?

Queensland Cattleman ยท 2025-11-04 02:00

Hello forum, A question from Australia. I'm looking at a 1988 TD20g. It has been sitting with the head removed for 6 years. The owner died and all the top end ( head, injectors, manifolds, turbo) and mechanics whereabouts are unknown. Machine is isolated with limited access. LT 10 cummins. CPL# 776 having some difficulty locating replacement parts. Mostly unavailable here. Still waiting to hear of availability of a running engine. Plenty of 6cta8.3 engines about, I know they have been used as re-powers for the V800. I'm not finding any information about whether they will swap out with the LT10 easily or not? I know the 8.3 is about 4 inches shorter than the l10. Would love to have a go at the old girl, but certainly don't want to commit until I have some solid information. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Replies1
  1. #1Tones2025-11-04 03:21

    Just for giggles what about a 903, still some of them around.