Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser td7 rock guard removal.

deaddrummer ยท 2024-05-07 01:51

I'm having trouble with the big through bolts on the side of the guard. 1 1/8 inch size. Are they bolts that go all the way through? I got the nuts off and beat on the bolts a bit but they barely moved. Inside looks like a pipe they run through but they have flat spots like they've been worn or something. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-05-07 08:02

    This is the 175C guard setup. Had to take the guards off a TD340, same setup, and they were packed with dirt/rust, sprayed with 50/50 then beat with a hammer.

  2. #2deaddrummer2024-05-07 14:37

    Awesome. Thanks for the info I couldn't find anything. Soaked em with 50/50 yesterday. Now it's hammer time.

  3. #3deaddrummer2024-05-07 15:07

    Here's why they wouldn't come out.

  4. #4deaddrummer2024-05-07 15:09

    Here's why they wouldn't come out.

  5. #5MarcusZ19672024-05-07 15:55

    WoW......... That looked like a good job for a gas axe... and major roller movement or loose guards riding on the rollers....

  6. #6deaddrummer2024-05-11 03:44

    So I have all the rollers off. I need to move it a few feet. Will it move on smooth pavement?

  7. #7deaddrummer2024-05-11 03:51

    The track hinges are grinded right up to the pin from hitting the rock guard. Seems like they'll be ok once I replace the rollers. Only two rollers weren't completely flopping around. Please let me know your opinions if you don't mind. It's my first dozer.

  8. #8deaddrummer2024-05-11 03:55

    Is it hard to replace the tension spring? One side springs back. I have to use a pipe and the blade to hold it back. The other is loose. I took out the zerk when I pushed it back but no grease came out. I assumed it might.

  9. #9MarcusZ19672024-05-11 06:54

    You replacing the full under carriage? What does your sprocket and front idler look like? The lack of spring is hopefully just bad seals on that side. 175C The rollers are impacting the chain pin bosses. Do you have the manuals? Somewhere I've got the books on a TD8E that would be closer to your machine. If I can find them I'll see about getting pics for ya.

  10. #10MarcusZ19672024-05-11 07:01

    I "think" I got the books.....

  11. #11MarcusZ19672024-05-12 08:14

    Found (remembered) it.