Hi all, looking at a dresser TD7E, but wanted to adjust some things before I commit. It won’t turn but has fewer than 2,000 hours and the tension is all the way where it would’ve been from the factory. That leads me to believe if the track was never pumped up that the brake set screw was never tighten. Where can I adjust the brakes and where is the fitting to pump up the tension of the track? Pics or diagrams would help. Also where can I find parts? I need some injectors, and filters of various purposes. Thanks for the add to the forum!
For the brake there is a hex bolt with a jam nut. Look under the track chain right where it comes off the top of the drive sprocket. There is a pocket in the final drive casting that catches dirt so it will be buried. Loosen jam nut. Tighten hex head bolt until you just touch the brake then back off about 1/6 of a turn. Tighten jam nut w/o letting the adjust bolt move - not easy. The Track Tension Adjust is under a cap on the fork just behind the front idler. Remove the two cap screws. Does the foot brake work ?? It uses the same brakes as the steering but applies both thru a mechanical linkage. The steering brakes are applied hydraulicly. In neutral, Hold your foot down hard on the foot brake and pull back on the steering levers one at a time and together. If the hydraulics are working you will feel it thru your foot on the foot brake as the hydraulic cylinder pushes on the brake linkage. gg
I have a video on Dresser H model dozers from years ago up on YouTube. It shows a walk around inspection which might give you hints of what to look for. https://youtu.be/vdKP-ugGvcU Good Luck!