Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD7G questions

Dozerpusher · 2023-07-08 21:14

Hello, I just got a td7g and have some questions Where can I get replacement gauges? Recommend Fluids (specs and quantities) trans, hydro, drive, ect) Filters Side panels (engine, and battery cover) Cutting blade edges Any part numbers or specs/links would be appreciated! Thanks

Replies23
  1. #1Dozerpusher2023-07-09 10:58

    I was told it is a 1994

  2. #2davejor2023-07-09 13:33

    I don't know where to get gauges but would ask what is the issue with the gauges? I just bought a D4C series II and the gauges are fine but sensors not so fine. Oil pressure and fuel level bounced all over. Was due to worn sensors.

  3. #3Dozerpusher2023-07-09 16:26

    Couple of them gauges don’t work I might replace them with racing gauges if I can’t find a regular one

  4. #4Willie B2023-07-09 17:18

    Some parts are available aftermarket. Try Con Equip. Others come from Komatsu. I use Winmill Equipment Rutland VT 05701 It has been a while since I needed parts but Reggie Lussier's brain is an encyclopedia of Dresser dozers.

  5. #5Dozerpusher2023-07-09 20:10

    What year does this suggest?

  6. #6Dozerpusher2023-07-15 23:19

    Anything on the fluid specs and capacity’s ?

  7. #7Willie B2023-07-16 19:20

    I'll have to search I have enough info to use the right stuff, but the service manual doesn't seem to specify. 15W40 for warm climates 10W30 diesel oil for lower 48 states. Hydraulic & transmission I use Hy Tran from the Case dealer. Final drives get 140 W gear oil. I don't seem to have an operator's manual, that would provide lubrication instructions.

  8. #8Dozerpusher2023-07-16 20:15

    What about the TO-4 spec fluid that the trans and hydronic systems require? I’ve heard 10wt and 30wt.

  9. #9Willie B2023-07-17 07:23

    I've never tried the cheaper fluid in a dozer. In a backhoe, wet brakes chatter, sound like grinding gears braking hard downhill. Cheap fluids don't have additives to prevent issues. I like Hy-Tran. I used to get it from my nearby IH dealer, now it is a Case product.

  10. #10Dozerpusher2023-07-17 11:08

    Yeah I’m wanting to use the correct TO-4 spec fluids for sure.

  11. #11Willie B2023-07-17 19:03

    Typically IH or Dresser would have specified Hy-Tran. Hy-Tran is a different formula it was when your tractor was built, or your manual was printed. It meets or exceeds the original specification. I read an extensive article about the development of Hy-Tran. I apologize I can't remember it all. I think it was in Red Power Magazine. Hy-Tran is the product of many years of testing, research, & brilliant chemists. In my opinion it is worth the extra cost.

  12. #12Dozerpusher2023-07-27 17:18

    Anyone know where I can find cutting edges for the 110” blade? I’ve tried several places and nothing

  13. #13g_man2023-07-27 19:23

    Mine is 441 0023 K 005557 == TD7G Dozer w/ 6 way blade made in Korea 5557th unit It is a 1990 so yours is at least that old.

  14. #14g_man2023-07-27 19:45

    I use Kendall PowerShift Transmission Fluid SAE 10W in both Transmission and Hydraulic tank. Local Komatsu dealer carries it. It is expensive but cheaper than Komatsu branded stuff. Anything 10W with TO-2 or better is OK. gg

  15. #15g_man2023-07-27 19:48

    I bought a Clutch Pressure Gauge thru Komatsu but that was over 10 years ago. gg

  16. #16Dozerpusher2023-07-27 20:19

    Thank you that was helpful. What year manual was that from??

  17. #17g_man2023-07-28 06:58

    I believe it is from 1988 gg

  18. #18Dozerpusher2023-07-29 20:24

    Anyone know where to get cutting edges for the 110” wide track Blade? Also a fuel pump for the Cummins 4bt part#

  19. #19g_man2023-07-29 20:53

    It's a Lucas CAV Dpa pump gg

  20. #20Dozerpusher2023-07-30 09:11

    The lift pump by the filter? I’m Not looking for the Injection pump

  21. #21g_man2023-07-30 18:44

    Sorry, I can't help with the lift pump. Don't know for sure if a newer generic mechanical pump for a 3.9 4bt will fit or not. Looks like it could/would...... Call a shop ??? You can always put in a electric one. gg

  22. #22Dozerpusher2023-07-30 20:07
  23. #23FWD2023-07-30 21:57

    I had a Dresser 520 loader with a 6 cyliner KDC engine , which is a Cummins. I needed a lift pump like that and got it from Cummins. You should have some engine numbers, that's all you will need. I also needed an alternator for it, Cummins said it left the factory without an alternator, got it thru a Komatsu dealer FWD