Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD8C motor question???

dadanddaughterexcavation ยท 2022-05-07 16:53

Hi all, I was hoping to hear from you guys out there that are familiar with the TD8C or the D-239 motor. I have an opportunity to purchuse one with a almost new bottom end. was thinking of offering 3k. I saw this dozer for sale last summer.... the guy who bought it pretty much blew the motor. I asked him to expand on what "blown motor" meant and why he thought it was blown. all he responded was "its locked up". was hoping to hear from you guys what your thoughts are?

Replies4
  1. #1balls2go2022-05-08 09:10

    3 Grand is a steal.

  2. #2dadanddaughterexcavation2022-05-08 09:59

    Yah I think so I assume even with a junk motor I can buy a remanned one for a few grand

  3. #3John C.2022-05-08 11:07

    I don't you will find much of anything for a motor or even parts for that machine. IH went to Cummins engines in the late nineties and that machine is a whole lot older than that.

  4. #4dadanddaughterexcavation2022-05-08 14:42

    Thank you thats kind of what I wanted to know. I have seen a lot of rebuild kits for them like pistons rings sleeves ect but have not found any whole motors.... so I guess I should go see it in person and inspect to see if the block is cracked ect... if it needs anything other then a rebuild then I will walk away