Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dressta 175H ??

traxcavator ยท 2014-05-26 19:42

I found some pictures of a Dressta 175H on the internet. Does anyone know if Dressta has these in their product line now? I looked on their web site but did not find anything. It would be interesting to see some specs on it.

Replies9
  1. #1clintm2014-05-26 21:07

    dressta was bought by luigong a Chinese company the ones I have seen are still branded dressta. but trust me you don't want any of there junk been there done that and junked it@ about 2600 hrs

  2. #2brian falcone2014-05-26 21:50

    I wouldnt call the drestlsta machines junk...outdated but not junk....what liugong does with them is anyone guess however.. as far as the 175h from what I gathered the owners of dressta ...stowola wola remanufacture a few 175c late model loaders with h series dozer cabs. These were not sold under the dressta name. Interestingly I found "new" dresser 515 payloaders that were not sold through dressta either. Along with a 540 payloader I think these were built to order for local companies in poland.I believe the 175c loader ended its very long production run in 2007

  3. #3brian falcone2014-05-26 21:53

    What I mean was the dressta machines prior to the buyout...wether or not liugong improves them is anyones guess.

  4. #4traxcavator2014-05-26 22:13

    I have not been around many of the Dressta branded machines. I spent some time in the 90s operating 175C, 200, & 250E crawler loaders. The 175 and 250 were dependable machines and I enjoyed operating both but they were outdated even at that time. It was hard then to find an operator that had the knack to grade or be efficient with one though. Most Dresser dozers and loaders I have been around were well built and dependable so I hope Luigong will continue to produce a quality machine under the Dressta brand.

  5. #5brian falcone2014-05-27 21:17

    the 175 originated in i believe 1966...the175b was introduced in 68 and featured a powershift tranny and internationals own loader design...no longer using the drott skid shovel found on previous models. ...the c model received engine upgrades and pedal steering but the basic machine...loader and track frames was more or less unchanged for 40 years.

  6. #6mike_belben2014-06-07 12:24

    im under the impression that the 175B and 175C used different pitch sprockets. can anyone confirm that? im trying to buy a 175B and it would be nice if it could use track parts from a C model since they were in production so much longer. while on the subject, can anyone tell me where to find the grease fitting for track tensioning is on that machine pictured above? the 175B undercarriage looks exactly the same to me. i will say that cab is pushed back substantially more than a 175. probably a big improvement in counterbalance for lifting loads. the operator is centered right over the drive sprocket on a B model.

  7. #7DMiller2014-06-07 17:24

    175 and 175B used 7.0 pitch, the 175C came with optional 7.5 extended wear rails. The one unit in the side view shows a solid master link, probably split bolted link rail which is also a improvement. The smaller Dressta dozers are using 6.5 pitch rails, can't find information on the larger ones.

  8. #8brian falcone2014-06-07 21:10

    grease fitting on the b is to the rear of the idler...on top of the yoke that holds the idler. theres two bolts and a small cover. grease fitting is inside

  9. #9boone2014-06-09 09:42

    Mike_belben, here's what Brian is talking about.