Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drip septic systems

rino1494 ยท 2006-11-29 21:53

Anybody ever install these ?? Any tips or things that I should look out for or pay special attention to ?? I have a couple rock jobs coming up soon and the builder might want to use these alternative septic systems.

Replies6
  1. #1Woodstock2006-11-30 21:28

    Are they also knon as lpd, low pressure dose systems? If so I have installed a few of them. They are one inch pipe with 5/16 holes drilled every six feet, and the ditch one foot deep filled with pea gravel, and the pipe on top. Is so let me know.

  2. #2rino14942006-12-01 06:10

    Yes, that is it. They have a lift tank that the effulent goes through a series of filters and through a supply line to the 1" pipe and back through a return line.

  3. #3Woodstock2006-12-21 21:38

    I was wondering if you still had any questions on this system? I am sorry I didn't get back sooner, I had a log in problem, but seems to be working ok know. I also have been in the hospital with my wife. We just had a baby boy Monday 12-18-06. Maby I will have a helper in a few years. lol. Well if you have any questions about this system let me know and I will try to help. Sorry again for taking so long.

  4. #4Countryboy2006-12-21 21:45

    Congrats on the baby boy.:drinkup

  5. #5Woodstock2006-12-24 10:34

    Thank you Countryboy, he has been a lot of enjoyment for the holidays. He was 7lbs 13oz and 19" long. Merry Christmas to every one.

  6. #6rino14942006-12-24 11:14

    Thanks for the help. We haven't gotten to these couple jobs yet. I have been researching them and I really don't like them, plus they seem quite expensive. We are going to try and talk the builder into using a sandmound. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask you. Again, thanks for the help. :thumbsup Jason