Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drive coupling

digger104 ยท 2013-12-23 18:52

I'm about to install a new drive coupling between the fly wheel and the main pump. This is on a SK 120 Kobelco. Is there any thing that I should do other then the obvious. Looks just like a bolt one job. using lock tite on the bolts. The old coupling was in pieces. I was lucky I found it when changing the oil, found pieces of rubber.

Replies3
  1. #1big ben2013-12-23 19:30

    No idea what it looks like as I've never touched a Kobelco but ensure the coupler goes on the right way. I was part of a job that the pump side of the coupler went on backwards as there was a slight offset on coupling. It went together and came back a month later for a rear main seal leak - engine thrusts in the oil pan. Not good. So any ways my advice for any pump job is make sure the coupling is being bolted on correctly - AND most importantly check crank end play before and after repair.

  2. #2overworked2013-12-23 22:15

    Yep, we always measure old and new, and measure distance on pump shaft, some are flush and some are not. I never thought about measuring crank end play but thats great idea. Have done engine replacement in road truck due to people using wrong pilot bearing.

  3. #3ynfrubber2018-09-15 23:14

    change the coupling is easy here's a supplier of excavator coupling and excavator parts : www.ynfmachinery.com