Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drive manifold electrical connections

Joe Jake ยท 2023-08-16 15:55

Have an older (1989) Z45/22 GP that has all of the wiring to the drive manifold disconnected. I have the service manual and all drawings but none provide identification to the 7 solenoids associated with that manifold. I even have a manifold parts diagram (45028 C) but the electrical drawing calls out S1, S4...etc. No idea which wires from the drive control module connect to the correct items on the manifold. Called Genie and they found my drawing number and said I needed to refer to the hydraulic schematic. Don't see the correlation between the actual manifold and the schematic. Any help would be great. Thanks. Joe

Replies2
  1. #1Mechanicsville8042023-08-18 12:32

    I dont' know if I can help but can you post some pictures of the manifold and the solenoids and the electrical diagram?

  2. #2Joe Jake2023-08-18 19:48

    Thanks for the note. I am still going to hound Genie to see why they don't have a diagram mentioning the location of the solenoids and a reference to the schematic drawing. I have seen such a drawing for other models. My schematic references S1, S4, S5, S6 & S7. The S1 is the proportional item for the drive speed. As it is the 5 solenoids mentioned are being operated by the "Drive Control " device. However I have 1 proportional solenoid (S1), and 4 ea 2 position 3 way solenoids, plus a dual solenoid that operates the steering wheels. That would make for seven in total control points. No place on my drawing do I see a mention of solenoids for steering. Not to mention the real problem with this unit is "no drive". So I think it would be o benefit to make sure my connections are correct. Will let you know how I fare with my friends at Genie.