Looked at a used Cat today. Seemed to drive fine but it did not end up in the same position when I drove back, almost like one drive was slightly off speed. It wasnt too big a deal and let it slide. When I tried to turn the unit on its tracks it would not turn. One stick forward or back would not turn the machine. It was even difficult to turn with one forward and one back. The machine just had new sprockes, rollers and chains put on. Could the lack of turning ability mean a drive motor issue?
More than likely the center swivel is leaking by and won't let the travel line build any hydraulic pressure. Did everything else work properly?
pretty much. The only other thing I noticed was the engine RPM would not come back up when the controls were moved. However, when I moved the tracks the RPM's would increase automatically. Not sure if there was some auto engine control that was on. But thought it was strange that the drives would change but not the sticks.