We came accross a 06 f750 bucket truck that my buddy Jack maybe interested in. Its being sold due to not meaning teir 4 for Cali. If it gets registration in PA can i with out hassle drive it out of the state to never return again. Or am I nuts its only 2605 miles home. The truck only has 32000 miles and 5600 or so hours on it and lookomg at the photos I feel its fairly good enough to drag its self home. I maybe insaine to try it!
You probably will be ok if you watch your gauges carefully. Be prepared for the unexpected though. My biggest worry would be the condition of the tires. Check them closely, and be sure you have a spare with you. Good luck.
I thinking the trucks fine im worried of the legallitys of driving it out of cali. Due to there emissons laws mandates what have you
No need to check DMV it could be flagged may have to be hauled to Reno,Nevada & go from there
Would it just be flagged in cali or in other states as well?
If it makes a difference where its at.
California only.CARB is God they're pushing tier 5 bs. Truck may be choked with a aftermarket def requirement.
Not sure if you'll be allowed to drive it out of Cali or not. You'll need Transit Permits for most other states. At least you'll be able to avoid Missouri.
I80 check state permits for non hire travel once out of Ca. SRT transport out Sparks ,NV run in & out of Ca may get backhaul discount
Can you register the truck in PA without it physically being there?
Our Hoovenoor has declared that we will follow Kalifornia rules on a bunch of emissions stuff, including paint & solvents. So it might be a moot point.
California emissions reject I drove out of Sacramento back to Washington state about 15th ago. ‘82 Ford w stinky CAT 3208. Had trip permits for all states traveling through. No issue at any scales. Not even Washington port of entry. In’23 I drove another truck with trailer (registered in WA) from Washington to Missouri using trip permits (most purchased on-line….Wyoming requires stopping at port of entry for purchase). Thankfully that trip went smoothly, too.
Get temperary plate im pretty sure
Paint a Prius black with a fire chicken on the hood,pair of CBs & we run son.
You can drive a non CARB compliant out of California without issues, they're happy it's leaving. All states you cross will require trip permits, can be bought at all ports of entry. Some are not even scale houses, just a road side business contracted to sell permits where there are no port of entry scales or scale is miles from border.
Truck shop I disagree Cail out of service on a diesel it's not to be started again in state. Order to be destroyed or hauled out
TS runs a tow truck looking to help after
Know a dealer who drives them out of Cali, a one way permit can be had for driving showing bill of sale for a one way trip. California allows on permit antique diesel powered to be driven to shows under the guidelines it's historical vehicle. * And the California registration/permit form is filed as Regulation 402T. * Also--I don't run a tow truck "For Hire". It belongs to my old employer and only tows his company owned trucks, and maybe one I own. Other than that I'm not out to help anyone other than my old company.
Truck shop towing was a fun poke. From Ca delt with carb laws changing & or revisions Old diesel trucks from 5k yr to 500mile total yr odometer better work & 2025 It's garbage. Bs with the state easier haul out- first post was check with dmv options
That is nothing more than AI printed/generated crap. If laws/regulations were known then why not just post Reg 402T and be done with it.
Call a state trooper in cali
And here I was thinking Escape from LA was a fictional movie....
Drama--it just isn't that big of a deal drive out of California with non CARB.
For much less hassle, no worries, and likely not much more cost if at all (fuel, food, lodging etc.), pay a shipping Company to deliver it to you.
Well the lodging would be zero cost where the adventure in that!
You've got to start the driving with a CD playing "East Bound And Down" .....
Willing to bet, any transport will hit $7,500 to $8,000 and higher. Depending on height of bucket truck, might require a trailer with ultra low well, like 18" from ground to top of bed and the more requirements the more the cost. * The dealer who bought this in 2021 paid close to $8,000 for transport from east Washington to New Hampshire. Took two weeks to find a ultra low to haul it because he didn't want to remove stacks, transport from Maryland. *
A truck that will go to ca will be double in cost of anywhere else
Well theyll be no trip got more for it then we wanted to spend. Maybe the next one
Do you read "Tree Trader" magazine? Check their website. Always hundreds of bucket trucks for sale on your side of the country. I bet you can find what you want, a lot closer.
The trouble with them here it always seem they got a patch and dupont rebuild. And they still want top dollar
I just got a crane bought in southern califonia, so I've been appreciating reading all this. I like buying stuff from southern cal/ nevada/ arizona. Aside from the sun/ heat eating the rubber, hoses, weatherstripping etc- they are always rust free. I won't drive the crane to Missouri, I'll have it hauled. I'll let you guys know what the shipping will be.
Yes, you sure do have to be careful, but there are some good deals there. Many years ago, I bought a big tandem axle grapple truck from an ad in their magazine. It was a great truck, at a great price, and I made a lot of money with it. It is like buying any machine or truck off an ad, you need to look at it in person, and even have a mechanic look it over, if possible.
Yep Im the local tree trimmers mechanic thats how i wound up in this situation
So I'm shipping a Link belt 8640hl from Los Angeles to Springfield Missouri. Ive got one truck loading it in la, and hauling to ehrenburg Arizona. Then we're unloading and transferring to a local to me trucking company, to bring it the rest of the way. It's a roughly dump truck sized wheelbase, 40' nose to tail of counterweight. 65-66,000 lbs. 11' 6" tall 8' wide, plus mirrors. $3,100 to get to arizona line, just under $8,000 for the rest of the way home.
It's getting to where I can't even guess anymore about how much it might cost to haul something from here to there. At 8' wide would you need pilot cars anywhere?
Sounds right, my silent guess was $10,500 plus or minus a few. At the cost of staying in business as OTR's, with fixed and unfixed costs, can't operate on the cheap. Shouldn't staying within standard limits of load requirement.
Company just sold this one for $210K with 150K on it, went to a cow hauler in Idaho. Best thing he could have done--sell it. *
We will push the mirrors in or take them off. So the width shouldn't be a issue. Will probably be a 16 wheel set up trailer.
8 ft wide on a vehicle--excludes mirrors, are deemed part of necessary safety equipment for a 8 ft wide vehicle.--but fold them anyway.
Original fleet owner of the truck could have been repowered . PG & E west coast utility company has a test fleet. Mechanic check it out first. Cali has many catfish pics.