Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Driving My chainsaw – Jonsered 2045 Turbo

Metsaman ยท 2015-05-23 12:37

Some videos My forest works, Me and My Jonsered in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy5ej_JejKc Failed cut down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfKp_ESqtHM

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies16
  1. #1Vigilant2015-05-23 12:55

    :yawn:

  2. #2Tinkerer2015-06-19 10:01

    Maybe this will wake you up Vigilant !!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4VPCukxAv0

  3. #3Metsaman2015-06-19 13:50

    Yes, that sure do it. :tong

  4. #4td25c2015-06-19 20:54

    The Jonsered 2045 looks like a handy saw for the task . Has some power and light weight for trimming . What's the story on the tag line you hooked to the base of the tree in the first video , tape measure ? What are you going to use the length cut limbs for ?

  5. #5Metsaman2015-06-20 00:14

    Yes it is tape measure, I cut these in 3 meter lenght and going to do firewoods.

  6. #6td25c2015-06-20 20:21

    That's cool Metsaman . I thought that might be a tape measure . I got lazy when building wood hickory bows & started roughing them in with my 029 Stihl Farm Boss . It sure speeds up the job . HeavyEquipmentForums

  7. #7Metsaman2015-06-21 01:04

    That's even coolest.. how that kind bow works, ho much range it have. !!?? Looks very cool to Me. :notworthy

  8. #8td25c2015-06-21 20:18

    Yeah , Thanks Metsaman . I just do it as a hobby plus the kids love it as well . That bow pulls 60 pounds at 28 inch draw . I mostly just target shoot with it between 20 to 30 yards . Not sure about total range it would send an arrow as I have not tried that yet with the wood bow . My 60 pound plastic PVC bow will send an arrow about 165 to 170 yards . I'm guessing the wood bow will be similar . I'll have to try it sometime .

  9. #9Metsaman2015-06-22 09:08

    Quite powerfully I think, cool gadget. !

  10. #10td25c2015-06-22 21:14

    Yeah Metsaman , The power of that bow exceeds my shoulder muscle at times Getting back to saw's another tool That I like is the "pole saw" . I don't use it as often as a chain saw but sure comes in handy at times . I bought the 7 foot model . Sometimes use it out of a bucket truck when trimming trees . I like it so far . http://www.stihlusa.com/products/pole-pruners/professional-pole-pruners/ht100/

  11. #11maddog2015-06-23 08:24

    A tree that you can lift by hand if it doesn't fall correct, now that would be a dream . Saw seems to run good, I've looked at the jonsereds and believe them to be decent, but I just cant find it to leave stihl.

  12. #12Metsaman2015-06-23 09:51

    I have never see on "live" that kind saw, most users maybe are those "tree surgeons", strange looking saw.

  13. #13Metsaman2015-06-23 09:53

    I have notice that everybody have they "own" chainsaw brand what peoples using... somebody like husqvarna or still etc. You have to find Your own.

  14. #14td25c2015-06-23 21:45

    I think you would like it Metsaman . It's great for trimming trees . It's a four cycle engine & has some low end power . Still mix oil in fuel just like a two cycle saw . Jonsered , Stihl , and Husqvarna are the big name brands in my area . We have a pretty good Stihl dealer close to home so I tend to stay with that brand . Husqvarna had some cool dirt bikes .........:thumbsup http://vintagedirtbikeparts.net/VintageHusqvarnaPhotos.htm Always wanted one . For now just have to get it done with the Suzuki RM 250 ..... And it's more than enough bike to skin me up pretty good . LOL !

  15. #15Metsaman2015-06-24 10:03

    Very cool bikes indeed, I have no any bikes in this time.

  16. #16TimberjackTim2015-10-07 18:51

    Now she is my kind of girl. Where can I find her? lol