Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

drozer 1150E

drozer1150 · 2019-05-26 19:22

I have a 1150 E case drozer. is works great in high range but will barely try to move in low ranges, we have changed the main filter and the modulater filter, and cleaned the mod orfice. and it still barely moves, any ideas

Replies9
  1. #1alrman2019-05-26 20:45

    Welcome to HEF @drozer1150 When you say "high range", I am guessing that you mean the single Hi/Low lever on the rhs of the controls?

  2. #2drozer11502019-05-26 22:09

    Yes

  3. #3drozer11502019-05-26 22:10

    Yes, do you have any ideas

  4. #4alrman2019-05-27 01:04

    OK, Yes I have a few..... Does the transmission pressure gauge still work on the dash? At an idle, is there a pressure difference when in high or in low range? If not, you will need to take a look at the transmission suction screen. The transmission oil will need to be drained to do so. The teeth at the low range friction plates maybe worn away & not allowing drive, if so, there will be a fair bit of trash caught in the screen.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2019-05-27 08:08

    Before you drain the transmission check the sealing rings on the hi-lo range shaft at the back of the transmission housing.

  6. #6drozer11502019-05-27 09:41

    Thank you for your replies. I also wanted to let you know the conditions when I lost low range. I was doing some light grading forward and reverse, shut the dozer off to answer phone. When I started it back I didn’t have low, was just like it was in neutral. Moved range lever to high, and it pulled fine. No noises.

  7. #7drozer11502019-05-27 18:52

    Ok, I checked the pressure gauge and it showed the same pressure for high as it did for low. I drained the fluid and cleaned the suction screen. It had some material, but nothing I would consider out side the normal. I checked the variable orfice and the modulator orfice, everything is clean. Also removed the modulator and no broken springs, everything looked ok. Any help would be appreciated. Movement in high range is strong and normal, in low it just tries to move but will not lock in.

  8. #8alrman2019-05-28 01:43

    You will need to T in a pressure gauge into the supply hose for low range. If it is near system pressure when engaged - it should be working .....simple as that. If you don't have a test gauge, you could swap High range supply with Low range - Then, if it wont drive when the lever is in High position - the problem is either shaft seal rings or the clutch plates. It's easy enough to inspect the shaft seals. My money is still on the clutch plates ...... sorry....

  9. #9drozer11502019-05-28 06:12

    Thanks, I’ll let you know what I find out.