Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DT466 engine wanted

Willis Bushogin ยท 2009-10-09 13:06

Looking for a good Int. DT466 engine. It needs to be around 250hp and work in a 93 Int 4900 dump truck.

Replies12
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2009-10-11 20:53

    I found one, a little pricey, but its a good one

  2. #2tsteel2009-10-13 07:30

    What do you want to spend?

  3. #3Howierd38662009-10-13 08:22

    check old school buses

  4. #4Heavyduty2009-10-23 17:11

    Did you ever get another mulcher? I know the last one you had gave you a lot of motor problems.:Banghead

  5. #5Willis Bushogin2009-10-23 18:13

    mulcher No, I never did get another mulcher, not much of that or anything else going on in my area. I have 2 quad dump trucks working on a state highway job. Its a long job, so Im hoping all goes well with it. All the boys that I know, that had mulchers, have gone broke, or got a regular job. :Banghead

  6. #6Heavyduty2009-10-23 19:45

    Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you in the future on the dump trucks.:drinkup

  7. #7Willis Bushogin2009-12-13 20:15

    Dt466 OK, Im onto another project, I got My KW finished and working. Im looking for this engine again, It is a 93 4900 dump truck, with a auto tranny. The engine has a cracked block, Im looking for a good engine to try to get me by for a few months, hopefully the work will pickup when it warms up. Im looking for a good runner, maybe out of a school bus, this is a mechanical engine, no computer. Thanks for any ideas, I have tried salvage yards, etc they really forgot the economy went to crap. Thanks

  8. #8amscontr2009-12-19 10:05

    There is one on the St. Louis Craiglist that's a mechanical one if you still need one.

  9. #9CM19952009-12-19 11:59

    Is your 4900 a tandem or single? Are you looking for a reman or used? I have seen some school buses with 466's on Truck Paper in the 3-4K range for the whole thing. Don't really know what else the bus would be good for other than running gear and scrap. The transmission is probably a MT653. I guess it would make a nice redneck condo down by the lake.

  10. #10Willis Bushogin2009-12-19 12:07

    Dt466 It is a tandem axle dump truck, Im just looking for a good used engine, unless a whole unit is close to me (NC, east coast)

  11. #11Dualie2009-12-22 21:36

    Obviously you have never seen the school bus figure 8 races!

  12. #12CM19952009-12-22 22:48

    Even better YouTube - School bus demolition derby ! But you would need the motor...:cool2