Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dual plane laser grading

KSSS ยท 2007-02-04 13:31

I am considering the purchase of a dual plane laser grading system such as this one http://www.laserleveling.com/grade_prod/skid/smp/smp_main.html Anyone have any experience with this system or like system? Concrete has hit 100 plus a yard here. I think now would be a good time to get into high production concrete prep. work. Does any here do a lot of large scale concrete prep? What do you price it at?

Replies99
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-02-04 16:25

    I don't do concrete work but have built a couple of thse type machines.The guy I built them for says on a 100' X 100' pad it will only vary about 1/8" anywhere you check the grade.I did all the fabricating,plumbing and installed all the hyd. a local laser shop fit them with the receivers. I'll see if I can find some pics of the ones I built.

  2. #2JBL2007-02-04 19:23

    I run the 3 point version of that setup. It is very accurate in nice finish material like sand, base rock and black dirt. When you get into rocky conditions the box jumps around alot. The key to the whole setup is having a good proportional laser reciever. As far as pricing I normally charge $70 an hour for the tractor and box. One thing you will find out quick though is that concrete guys will love you. They know that when they show up behind you things will be perfect when it comes to grade. There is nothing better than when you get a call from a homeowner/business owner saying you were requested by the concrete company doing there concrete. I have purchased most of laser equipment from www.laser-grade.com , you might want to check them out to compare prices and equipment.

  3. #3bobcatuser2007-02-04 21:49

    I looked at buying a dual dozer attachment last year. At the time I was bidding on two sport field drainage and grading contracts. The dual dozer has two laser receivers to keep the blade on grade, it will also work for back dragging. I would have bought one if I got the contracts. http://www.dualdozer.com/

  4. #4KSSS2007-02-04 23:33

    I have looked at Dual dozer as well as spoke to them. It seems like a good system. The laser leveling system seems to be a true dual plane system. I would like the ability to do two planes at once. I have dual plane TopCon laser. I just need to decide on the grading attachment. I appreciate everyones help.

  5. #5Deas Plant2007-02-05 07:01

    Dual Grade Lasers. Hi, KSSS. I have used dual grade lasers on a couple of jobs and wished I had one on several other jobs. The jobs where I had them were both tennis court complexes with diagonal cross-falls so I set the laser up behind the high corner and set the falls from there. One job had ten courts and the other had six. I was using a receiver-only unit on the machine, a Cat 953B track loader with 4-in-1 bucket and rippers, and had no problem keeping the finished level to +/- 1/2". My job was only to move the bulk. The bloke with the laser box loved it that he only had 1/2" humps and hollows to cut and fill.

  6. #6RadioFlyer2007-02-21 11:14

    JBL...what type of box scraper do you have your laser set up on?

  7. #7JBL2007-02-21 17:45

    I am using a 7ft Cammond hitch type box blade, think it is the DS7 model. It is nice on big pads but kind of a pain on the smaller ones. Corners are hard to work on smaller pads with the pull type hitch. If I get another one it will be a 3 point model like the ones posted in KSSS's link. I guess I was thinking about the 3 point one when I posted above. One other thing I will add about the cammond box is that cutting edge is lower than the sides. So it takes a few more passes to clean up all the windrows. Probably should have gotten one of their industrial models.

  8. #8RadioFlyer2007-02-21 20:07

    JBL.....thanks. I have a few more questions. What size tractor do you use? Do you think a tractor is better than a wheeled skid? How would a tractor compare to using a ctl? What size slabs does the laser grading system start to fall short? Thanks for your time and input....

  9. #9JBL2007-02-22 07:45

    I use a 65hp two wheel drive tractor. I let a buddy borrow it and he used a 40hp four wheel drive and said it worked fine. As far as the skid steer and ctl's I have no experience using them with the box. The smaller pads say 30x30 and smaller are the hardest pads to do. It seems like you always run out of room before you get started. I think this may be where a skid steer/ctl would really shine. The bigger the pad the more effecient the system becomes in my opinion. The only thing that comes to mind as far as falling short is the quality of your laser. Some lasers are accurate to within 1/32inch at 100 feet and some of the cheaper ones are 1/4 inch at 100 feet. If you are doing a real large pad you may need to reset the laser a few times to be really accurate. Knowing what I know now I would have probably bought the heaviest 8ft box I could find. In my opinion the heavier the box the less prone it is to jump around and give the washboard effect. I sometimes get that when grading rocky natural ground. It would also have replaceable side edges and the sides would come closer to matching the cutting edge height.

  10. #10KSSS2007-02-23 19:23

    The link I posted shows a laser grader with the ability to push and pull material. This I thought was appealing since on smaller jobs you could work the edges with the machine. I also had the same question concerning a CTL. My machines are rubber tired. I was curious if that would become an issue pushing a 7-8 box blade in loose crushed gravel. Laser Leveling offers another type of box blade for heavier ground conditions http://www.laserleveling.com/grade_prod/skid/smhc/smhc_main.html This attachment does not give the push/pull ability. It would be more suitable for working in native ground conditions. For us the concrete prep we do is most always in 3/4 crushed gravel so the skid pro model I think is better suited for that type of work. I typically side on the most HD model in anything I buy, but in this case I would not for my application.

  11. #11KSSS2007-04-24 00:54

    Pulling the trigger on the above attachment. Concrete continues to rise and interest in exact grade concrete prep is high (about time). Cost is 17.6K for the dual grade 7' model. I have been debating this purchase for 3 years (I have never spent this much on an attachment). It is time to GETTER DONE.

  12. #12Matt McGowan2007-04-24 22:59

    For those using laser controled box blades... For those of you using these laser controlled box blades: 1. How are you spreading the gravel? Are you chaining the truck tailgates, spreading it with a front end loader first or using the box blade to spread it out of a pile? 2. How many square feet of gravel can you put down and grade in a day? 3. What is the going rate in your area for spreading and grading gravel? How many cents/SF, excluding material costs? Thanks Matt

  13. #13Squizzy246B2007-04-24 23:27

    Kaiser, you be sure an let us know how it works out...and don't forget the piccys either

  14. #14Matt McGowan2007-04-26 12:56

    Anybody have input????? Anybody have experience doing this as a specialty subcontractor??? Thanks Matt

  15. #15JBL2007-04-26 14:38

    KSSS, Hope the new box does everything you want it to do. Like Squizzy said give some updates. You did get the skidsteer model, right? Matt I use the single plane box behind a tractor cause I'm not rich like KSSS. As far as the spreading goes the fastest and easiest way is let the trucks spread it. Pretty fortunate here to have two real good drivers. They do all my rock hauling and are worth their weight in gold. You tell them how thick you want it and they get real close. How many square feet per day. Hard to give a consistent # because of so many variables. One job you could do 40,000 sq/ft day and the next you may get 10,000 sq/ft day. Biggest factors are cycle times on the trucks, depth of rock, obstacles (water,sewer,electrical stubs). Rates. By the hour I charge 70 dollars for the tractor and box. If I am bidding a job it is anywhere from 8 to 15 cents a sq/ft. Normally I have built the pad/parking lot that I am spreading gravel on. If you are planning on specializing in this make sure to check grades carefully before quoting anything. Some contractors definition of on grade can leave you with alot more work to do than you planned on.

  16. #16shaper2007-04-27 09:37

    I have a 7' 3-point hitch laser box blade that I use on my John Deere 4320 tractor. I mainly use it to laser grade tees on golf courses, but have also done considerable work on sports fields also. This box blade has dual controls which is especially handy. The receivers can be used for manual control on a dozer with a mast setup. I like to get the grade within a tenth or two with the dozer then use the box blade, makes for faster laser grading. This way I can finish laser grade up to 50,000 square feet in a 10 hour day. The controls are all Topcon along with a Topcon dual plane laser. I'll try to find a picture

  17. #17shaper2007-04-27 15:51

    Here's the level-best 7' laser box blade

  18. #18KSSS2007-04-27 16:55

    I did get the skid steer model. My dual plane laser is also Topcon. I am "banking" on this working out. If not it might be a lean Winter. On the smaller pads I get around a $1.10 That includes 4" of 3/4 crush roadbase, compacted, and trucking of material in the immediate area. The larger jobs go from .75 to .40 cents a square depending on how big it is. Your scaring me on that .10 cent pricing. My grand illusion is getting more into this and dropping less profitable things we do like final grades for lawn installation. We'll see how it goes.

  19. #19Matt McGowan2007-04-27 18:46

    Rates in my area. Thanks for the input guys. Last I heard the rates in my area were in the $.07 to $.15 /SF range but that is just grading only only. The concrete contractor or GC buys and trucks the stone, rents the roller to compact it and takes care of all the hand work. I'd be thrilled with $.10/SF doing 35K to 50KSF/day. Shaper, Wouldn't it make more sense to mount the laser control equipment on the dozer thereby eliminating a step, and piece of equipment, in the process? By the way, that looks like a real nice set you have. Thanks Matt

  20. #20shaper2007-04-27 20:54

    Matt It would make sense to do it that way but I don't own a dozer, I have to rent. However not sure what the tolerances are on a dozer automatic setup. My box blade will do +/- 1/4". GPS machine control and a new dozer is on my wish list

  21. #21capt_met2007-05-02 23:20

    i am interested in the dual plane laser systems as well. been doing some shopping and wonder what you guys that have them think of this style blade. http://www.ceattach.com/cea/ceaweb.store/46394cf609fa8cb22744c0a8c70206cb/Catalog/SSL-GRADER what do you think are the advantages of the box blade over this style and vise versa. i am using a box blade without laser now and find it great for moving dirt around. looking forward to comments. thanks,

  22. #22KSSS2007-05-05 20:10

    What I like about the box blade is bring able to leave a cleaner finish faster. I also think that in tight places that it would be difficult to grade with. I think those blades have a place driveways, large open pad or grading larger material like pit run. Maybe a guy needs both:drinkup

  23. #23Matt McGowan2007-05-27 02:58

    Shaper, That's my dream as well. Now put your bib so you don't droll all over yourself. On one of my projects the site contractor subed out the paving to the paving division of a much larger site work contractor. Evidently their deal was based on a per ton price. While grading the dirt for the parking lot the site work contractor almost wore it out. They would drift it to the east in the morning and then, look out, they would drift it back to the west in the afternoon. Long story short, they went way over on the tonage and came to us (the GCs) asking for an extra $60,000 to make it up. Naturally we said no because it wasn't a legitimate extra or change. After that they spent two days trying to figure how we made the parking lot bigger than what was on their bid set of plans. They weren't able find anything that had changed and finally came to the conclusion they had no one to blame themselves for the crappy grade control. Now, imagine getting paid to fine grade parking lots, like building pads, using 3D machine control to prevent screw ups like I've described above.. All of the sudden the market has expanded 400% or 500%. The only angle I can't figure out is how to get the curb and gutter to match exactly without taking that work on as well. Matt

  24. #24stuvecorp2007-05-29 22:23

    Any action shots? Is it a tough sell for this type of service?

  25. #25imjustdave2007-06-07 00:32

    For those of you who own one of these.... where are you getting your buisness? Are you just asking concrete guys if you can sub grade for them? I dont' know if phone books, or advertising would really work, or maybe it does. Im really thinking about getting one of these, but for the $$$ I need to know the tricks to get the work. Thanks

  26. #26stuvecorp2007-08-04 12:50

    Any updates on how this has gone KSSS? Have you ran in to any problems using a wheeled skid?

  27. #27zhkent2007-08-12 14:58

    Keep in mind lasers only do a straight line, the line can be flat, uphill or downhill, but it can't bend. They can't grade a curb, road or parking lot that follows the terrain and has a different percentage of fall from one station to the next.

  28. #28Deas Plant2007-08-13 08:07

    Straight-line lasers????????????? Hi, ZHKent. I haven't seen'em yet but I have been told by a laser service company rep that there is a new generation laser/GPS's coming out that have multiple laser beams and the GPS selects the one(s) that is/are appropriate for the current position of your cutting edge. He reckoned that these systems would be far more accurate in the vertical plane than current GPS/only systems. Now I think that'll be interesting to see and use.

  29. #29KSSS2008-05-31 19:38

    Well I thought I would update this thread. I decided to put this off last year and thought it better to wait for an economic downturn to spend 20K on skid steer attachment.:Banghead I purchased the Southern Precision laser grader Skid Master Pro series, push pull ability, dual plane. The difference was I hired CAT guidance people to do the install of components. I used DanFoss dual valving with Apache readers and dual plane box. CAT completed the install in two days. I spent about 1500 more to go this route than to have the entire system sent to me installed on the attachment. However I still would have had to complete the install on the skid steer myself or more likely hire someone to do that anyway. The Apache dual plane box is kinda large and finding a place for that in a skid steer cab was a challenge. The wiring itself was not bad. What I really was after by having CAT do the install was service and support of the compenents and the system itself. They will be coming out to show us how to adjust the settings, complete initial setup and show us how to get the most out of the attachment. Much better than having the attachment shipped complete with all the gee whiz stuff on it and being hands an instruction manual. The auto/manual switch will be run into the existing switches on the control handles of the skid steer. That is a big time saver. I am hoping that it works as it should. I will know shortly.

  30. #30John K2009-03-24 07:30

    KSSS, Is it working out for you?

  31. #31KSSS2009-03-25 18:20

    Ya it is, I have been working with it more to develop the technique. I am still working on getting the dual slope set up down. The attachment has been holding an 1/8th inch in 100 feet in black sand. I am happy with that. Looking forward to getting it on a big job, great timing on my part, not many of those right now.

  32. #32grantcalleroz2009-04-26 14:20

    laser box scraper I am in the concrete industry and have a 100x100 building coming up as well as many others. Does anyone have experience with a laser boxscraper on a bobcat skidsteer? I am considering an upgrade to the caterpillar C series if necessary. I'd appreciate any input from anyone as far as eliminating the manpower necessary to prep a site before pouring.

  33. #33grantcalleroz2009-04-26 14:27

    KSS, Do you have a number for the installers you used? Is it working out? I am considering doing the same thing but am concerned about the upfront costs. I would appreciate any input.

  34. #34KSSS2009-04-26 17:06

    It took CAT a while to get it dialed in. Install started day after Memorial weekend last year. Completed to my satisfaction mid December. Obviously that pissed me off. By the time it was dialed in perfectly I lost the whole year. 20k plus spent with no opportunity for a return of my investment. CAT had not done an install like this before, at least these guys had not. We all learned together. They brought in an Apache tech. which put on a mini class for CAT on installation and set up. I was apart of some of that. So I learned it from the guy that knows the most about it and made a great contact at Apache. The install guys were good to work with so that helped. They did not expect nor did they ask for payment until it was perfect. I appreciated that. I am no CAT fan. However we worked through the long install time and issues and it worked out. I don't regret using them even though it took so long to get it up and running. I am seeing about 1/8th inch deviation in black sand over 100 feet. When we got it dialed in that tight, I wrote the check. No doubt the system is that good. I like the Southern Precesion box. It has some nice features such as the shock absorbing mounting system. Developing the technique for running it, and setting it up, especially with dual slope takes practice and more practice. I am still mastering this aspect of the attachment. I foresaw the housing decline, what I did not foresee was the commerical decline as fast as it did. I was about 2 years late in getting this for my market. The good side is I should be plenty versed in running it when the market comes back. I have some opportunities coming up, just not near as many as when I started putting the plan togther. If your market is there still now, I would not waste time, like I did. There are some peripherial issues to consider, One is a good dual plane laser. I went this route. I bought a Topcon Dual plane Laser several years ago. Its not the high speed one with the remote, but it does what I need it to. Sorry I cant remember the model. I then bought from CAT a Spectra lLL 400 single slope laser. My first nonTopcon laser. I plan on using this for everything nondual plane. The dual planes are much more expensive to buy and more expensive to work on so I will try and keep that only for running dual plane jobs. Mine is a 7' box blade, when pulling a full pull, it would spin out in 3/4 crushed road base with the 12X16.5 tires, I have some 33X15's and these worked much better. I then installed a VTS system on the skid steer, that works great in this application but the floatation tires also worked well considering the minimal investment. Negotiate the component costs. CAT was way high initially. I showed them what Southern Precision was quoting me for the same components and they came down to reality. Considering the state of things, I would bet you could get even better deals on the components. I bought some of this several years ahead of purchasing the attachment. I bought a Plus 5 grade reader, the dual plane laser, VTS ahead of time. Helped to spread out the cost. Hopefully this helps you in your decision.

  35. #35Themandownunder2009-07-03 00:59

    I am interested in getting one of these setups. I've been working/researching for the last 12 months Any photos video links of it working I'm going to import one to australia so anyone recommend a good dealer - even a second hand system will do Please feel free to pass on my email [email protected]

  36. #36Themandownunder2009-07-03 01:10

    Further to that my machine is a cat 297 - I would even consider purchasing a set of "plans" to fabricate one of these in OZ - I believe one of the members said he had made one up.

  37. #37mouse2009-07-08 08:06

    the bobcat box blade with laser receiver is sub 10k locally. however it wont interface with your cat very well...

  38. #38Themandownunder2009-07-08 08:58

    When you say locally - Is that downunder?.............My bobcat dealer isn't interested because I went to The "darkside" and bought Cat products........Spent 200k with them and he came back and said "If you told me you were serious....' I did and had no interest from him, he ignored me and my son for half an hour, then couldn't be arsed ringing me back for a month, then wondered why I bouht Cat who chased me for weeks. When you spend a portgage worth with people you want some wooing Have you tried one of these graders? I'll even fly interstate if the dealer is good I have a good hydraulic engineer who can trouble shoot pretty well Regards S

  39. #39mcnitttj82009-07-08 13:07

    Level Best Have any of you tried the laser box blade made by Level Best? Before reading the forum today I was only aware of it and Dual Dozer. Which is more productive? I have had the level best in the dirt and it seemed to work great however the bogey wheels in front pose a problem with final grade.... however I believe they create more support.

  40. #40shaper2009-07-08 17:54

    mcnitttj8 I own a level best with dual receivers . I run mine on a John Deere 4320 tractor, it is a 7' 3-point hitch model. If the grade is within .10-.20' I can do up to 50,000 square feet in a 10 hour day. The wheels on the 3-point hitch models are in the rear on mine, they can be a pain in tight areas if you have to pick up the box and backup to reset. When you lower the box and start pulling the wheels will pivot 180 degrees, causing spin out marks If you go back a page or two you will see a picture of mine

  41. #41Themandownunder2009-07-08 20:16

    The only supplier in Oz wants $40k for a dual laser receiver set up by level best. It seems far too dear for me. I think he bought a dozen and is trying to sell them here. He's not even an authorised dealer by all accounts. Any good reps on line, or sellers of second hand gear I'm after an 8' to fit a Cat 297

  42. #42mouse2009-07-09 08:53

    pm on its way as i'm curious who/where the dealer is. and yep, locally is here, australia, clark's pricing is nation wide afaik. the first problem for you with the bobcat box blade is that the electronics on it work in weird wonderful ways - the attachments usually feature a circuit board which talks with the bobcat computer through the canbus, therefore the signals on the 7 pin are not so straight forward. i asked a good sparky to build me a control box to use as an interface so i could hook some of my attachments to non-bobcat machines, they told me they couldn't build the box... :Banghead there is a fella in usofa advertising an interface box for about $400 (i think) that supposedly works, i emailed him and got nothing intelligible back so didn't go down that path, his website didn't make me warm and fuzzy either tho he may well be dinky di. have i used the bobcat box blade? no but i do have one on order. the last one left in the country went to an asphalter locally, the feedback is the thing works an absolute treat. more are on the ship as i write. bobcat's box blade is not dual slope and doesn't feature the dual blade setup like the level best. i don't see that as a major problem, i think most of the rental applications will be level or single slope and those that need dual slope probably need a lot more than a box blade. if my pitch was house pads - small areas - i'd probably lean to the level best for the ability to work material both directions. that said they are just plain bloody expensive here. i do think the bobcat blade will work going backwards, it just wont carry much material. at civinex recently there was a guy, from sa i think, displaying a locally made dual plane for about 34k or about 11k without the dual plane smarts, it didn't do a lot for me. it was a sort of like a level best with some interesting plumbing and linkages. even if it was gold plated i still wouldn't fork that much for a box blade. next to him was a guy who made hotmix screeds for bobcats, he wanted 18k for something that looked to pretty much be a couple of rams, a bit os bisalloy and a day or two on a press brake. maybe i underestimate the work involved...

  43. #43mcnitttj82009-07-09 09:39

    Themandownunder-- Currently we are using/demoing a LevelBest Blade matched with a 289C CAT. They are priced considerably lower here in the states coming in between $15-$25K depending on width, and slope capabilities. We recently put it to work on a flat pad barn site 600' X 80' wide. We used it put down the finish grade of sand. We were happy with the performance and we were on grade across the entire project. However, I am also currently looking at the DualDozer by HitchDoc. I see some advantages with both. I think the wheels being in back on the DualDozer will leave an almost perfect final grade and will allow you to get into tighter spots. I have not had the chance to price a DualDozer or even use one for that matter. Are these two blades the Top performers fo their kind?

  44. #44KSSS2009-07-09 19:03

    My issue with Hitch Doc was the components are not current technology. The use their own homemade control box. Nothing wrong with that I guess but I felt better about the Apache system. I think the Apache components are much better, you can use the same control system on a dozer or smaller grader if your so inclined. If I recall Hitch Doc quoted me about 25K for their system. When you running the system being too compact is not a great thing either, Even with a tracked machine you go tortise a lot with the shorter length. What I like about the wheels out front is the longer wheel base makes the system more stable by reducing the tortise effect (if that makes sense). As far as the value of dual plane. If you get a project with a dual slope you will be happy that you have the capability. I wanted the ability to pull in one direction and pull both axis at the same time and it works well as long as you set the laser up correctly. My thought is you are already spending big money on an automated grading system, might as well get all that the system can give you. One decent job and you have covered the difference between single and dual.

  45. #45KSSS2009-07-09 19:10

    Ray at Southern Precision out of Florida is who I used. If you google Southern Precision you can get his phone number or email.

  46. #46samson092010-05-16 11:04

    Dual Dozer However, I am also currently looking at the DualDozer by HitchDoc. I see some advantages with both. I think the wheels being in back on the DualDozer will leave an almost perfect final grade and will allow you to get into tighter spots. I have not had the chance to price a DualDozer or even use one for that matter. Are these two blades the Top performers fo their kind?[/QUOTE] Did you ever end up purchasing one or the other? I'm interested in feedback from someone who actually has purchased and used the Dual Dozer System. With it's ability to do dual slope not just flatwork makes it more appealign that the leve-best box which seem very nice but can't do dual slope.

  47. #47samson092010-05-16 11:08

    KSSS- As of today, still happy with your decision? Trying to decide between the Bobcat Grader sttachment (but can't get a straight answer from anyone regarding it's ability to hook up to another non-Bobcat skidsteer), Dual Dozer (don't have enough feedback from actual users)...just heard of what you got, Southern Precision's box...Thanks!

  48. #48KSSS2010-05-16 21:10

    Yea it works well. Wish the Apache dual plane box was a little smaller. Overall I am good with it. I have not used it as much as I would like. The market on the big slabs fell off of the planet. Got a love my timing. I hemmed and hawed for three years before buying it. I pull the trigger and some one pulls the plug on the economy.:beatsme

  49. #49ddh24332011-04-19 09:28

    I'm going to purchase a laser box for my t320 bobcat and does anyone have any suggestions in which brand is good I have seen several brands like level best, bobcat, dual dozer, ect.

  50. #50diggerdave132011-04-19 17:34

    I have a 7' wide Dual Dozer that works great. I only had a chance to use it on 2 building pads and 1 parking lot before the economy tanked. It is quick and easy to set up and is a real time and labor saver. I only came across this post because I am selling it, so if your interested in a like new Dual Dozer at a big discount let me know or if you just have some questions in general I'd be happy to try and answer them.

  51. #51ddh24332011-04-19 19:32

    Im really looking for a 8' wide box but if the price is hard to beat i would settle for a 7' box. How much are you asking for it. I just recieved a price from my local level best rep on a 8' box. I'm curious what would be better with the wheels in front of the box or behind the box.

  52. #52diggerdave132011-04-19 20:15

    I don't have any first hand experience with the Level Best, but the first thing that comes to mind is that having the wheels out front will prevent you from getting very close to corners and will give you less flexibility on how you work an area. A couple things I noticed from watching the video were, it seemed to be made of a little lighter steel and I didn't see them grading both forward and backward.

  53. #53ddh24332011-04-19 20:34

    What is the 8' dual dozer going for new

  54. #54diggerdave132011-04-19 20:42

    That I don't know. I guess you would need to contact Hitch Doc.

  55. #55ddh24332011-04-19 20:49

    What are you asking for your 7' dual dozer

  56. #56diggerdave132011-04-19 21:28

    I am firm at $10,500.

  57. #57ddh24332011-04-19 21:31

    Can you email me some pics and some info on it as far as what laser recievers and so fortrh thanx email address is [email protected]

  58. #58diggerdave132011-04-19 21:39

    You bet. I'm just heading out but I will get you some pics and info tomorrow.

  59. #59doug dirt2011-06-22 23:28

    Hi diggerdave13 Did you sell your dual dozer box blade?

  60. #60diggerdave132011-06-23 21:07

    No I have not.

  61. #61doug dirt2011-06-23 23:54

    dual dozer Thank you for response. Can you email me some pictures to [email protected] . Thank you

  62. #62diggerdave132011-06-24 08:09

    Pictures Here's a link to where you may view the pictures. http://ge.tt/#7PBdLv7

  63. #63co732011-07-24 22:20

    Hi diggerdave13, did you sell your dual dozer box blade yet? I am interested in buying an attachment like that. Does it fit any type of skid loader. I mean hydraulic and electrical wise. Regards, Marco

  64. #64diggerdave132011-07-25 09:22

    I've used it on both a Bobcat and a Takeuchi. The hydraulics attach to the auxiliary hydraulics, so as long as the quick connects are compatible it doesn't matter what make of machine it is. The electrical connection is just 2 wires that connect to the battery. There is a small control unit that runs to the cab. It's really very simple to hook up.

  65. #65co732011-07-25 20:21

    I will give you my email address, [email protected] If you can email me your contact information we can go over more details. Marco

  66. #66OBPM2011-07-25 20:28

    Anyone have or used the Level Best system? I'm told it's better than the SkidMaster Pro or Dual Dozer. Any comments?

  67. #67doug dirt2011-07-31 23:04

    Diggerdave13 Still got the dual dozer attachment? Could you email me on how to get ahold of you at [email protected] . Thank you

  68. #68OBPM2011-08-04 18:07

    Purchased the Level Best system today. I felt it was better constructed/engineered than the SkidMaster Pro or the Dual Dozer. Jack at Level Best spent a considerable amount of time with me via telephone over several conversations discussing the product and my application. I can't say enough about his technical expertise and willingness to answer all my questions without me feeling rushed or pressured into buying his machine. Should be ready next week and will be put to work immediately.

  69. #69co732011-08-08 14:27

    Does anybody have any experiences with the Geoblade. It looks well build. Any input is appriciated. Thanks.

  70. #70OBPM2011-08-08 20:08

    I looked the brochures & video on the Geoblade. No dealer support in my area so that alone eliminated it from my consideration. Also, no pull feature only push material. A deal breaker for me as well. I purchased the Level Best system.

  71. #71co732011-08-09 23:48

    Thanks, I see your points. I am waiting for a quote for a level best from a local dealer. Wasn't expecting to find a local dealer for one of these attachments.

  72. #72shaper2011-08-10 21:06

    OBPM Check out posts #17,18 in this thread, I still have my level best, great investment!!

  73. #73kenrod2011-08-13 09:48

    DiggerDave could you please contact me Hi dave, could you contact me and let me know if you have the dualdozer still available? I am very interested. Im new at this but my email is [email protected] . Also if anyone else has had communication with diggerdave and might be able to tell me how to get in touch with him it would be appreciated. Thanks.

  74. #74samson092011-08-13 12:17

    correct me if I am wrong but the level best system cannot do dual slope, correct? i.e. it can only grade for flatwork without slope. Is this correct?

  75. #75shaper2011-08-14 20:41

    Hate to say it but you are wrong. I have a 7' level best with dual mast and it does do dual slope. There is a picture of it in this thread, I believe it is post #16

  76. #76shaper2011-08-14 20:46

    I hate to say it but you are wrong. I have a 7' level best that does dual slope. There is a picture of it in this thread, I believe it is post #16

  77. #77KSSS2011-08-19 22:30

    Level Best released a dual slope attachment a couple years ago I believe.

  78. #78ralphy772012-01-24 23:09

    DiggerDave, You still have that dual dozer for sale?

  79. #79diggerdave132012-01-25 08:25

    No. I sold it several months ago.

  80. #80kyoshidog2012-01-25 16:31

    Hi Dave, I wish I would have seen your post earlier, I live in the POrtland area and have been thinking about buying a laser grading box. Have things picked up for you at all? This has been another really slow winter for me, just a little work here and there, but I was thinking that being able to provide fine grading like that which is possible with the laser system might be a good little niche, maybe I'm wrong! Would you buy the same system again or would you go with one of the other brands? I have a Tak TL140 so have plenty of power, would you go with an 8' box over 7 or stick with the smaller box? Sorry, lots of questions! Thanks Karl

  81. #81diggerdave132012-01-25 19:19

    Dual Dozer I absolutely would buy the same system again. I'm not sure how much you would gain by going from 7' to 8' on large pads, so I went with 7' for the ease of doing smaller areas when needed. Things have not picked up, but it's that time of year. The spring will probably be a good indication of how it's going to go this year. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Dave

  82. #82doug dirt2012-01-25 20:41

    Hey Ralphy, I'm the one that bought it from diggerdave. Used it for a project and it worked good. Willing to sell for $10,500.00, freight not included. Let me know, thanks.

  83. #83doug dirt2012-01-25 20:43

    I bought diggerdaves and it worked great. Offering it to ralphy for $10,500.00. If you're interested, let me know, I'm in Washington State.

  84. #84kyoshidog2012-01-26 13:23

    Hey, "Ralpyh" here, yes, I am very interested in it! WHy don't you send me a pm and we can talk. What part of Washington are you in?

  85. #85finegrade12012-02-04 16:58

    Level Best 3 point hitch Looking to trade up, from a level best 6' 3 point hitch to a skid steer mount 7 or 8' box dual mast. Anybody have a lead on a pl84? Anybody have a need for a 3point hitch unit? 609-577-2597 thanks

  86. #86ralphy772012-10-14 16:13

    hey Doug Dirt, is your dual dozer still for sale??

  87. #87KSSS2012-10-21 14:30

    I am considering letting mine go. Works great, just dont get enough use out of it. You can click on my website and go to precision grading icon to see it on video.

  88. #88ralphy772012-10-21 21:02

    How old is it? Whats the price??

  89. #89KSSS2012-10-25 19:52

    Its an 08. The box is built by Southern Precision. The valves are DanFoss. The control box is Apache. Price depends on what you would want it to include. I have a Topcon dual slope laser and two Apache Plus 5 recievers. I would like to keep one of the those.

  90. #90Power Plus Ex.2012-12-29 18:16

    I have a level best single mast skidloader mount, had it for seven yrs.. I would say its the best on the market, the the loader falls in a hole the box has linkage to off set that .. other boxs that do not offer this is a huge flaw.. this box has graded 20 plus synthetic football .. it would be nice to have a dual mast just to keep the box level when turning.. as far as dual slope lasers go they shoot your slope the receiver reads it..so any box will work with sloping lasers..one more thing if you want the most bang for your buck use a ctl .. would like get a tractor and pull box one day to help finish

  91. #91doug dirt2013-01-06 00:51

    Yes it is. email me @ [email protected]

  92. #92BMW2013-09-08 21:35

    Dozer I am interested in your dozer call me or email 605 825 4285 ext329 [email protected]

  93. #93BMW2013-09-08 21:38

    diggerdave Please call I am interested in that dozer BMW 605 825 4285 ext 329 or email [email protected]

  94. #94hmearth2014-05-23 07:03

    I use a hydra-power ga 2100 grader on my Deere it has a receiver on each end of the Blade all analog sykstem with a 5mm accuracy on auto 10mm on manaul as long as you use a powerful laser its a gem. That grader you are looking at looks basic have a look at levelbest there ok

  95. #95BMW2014-05-27 22:09

    I am interested in buying your dozer please respond with info Barry Wipf [email protected] 605 825 4285 ext 329 Thank You

  96. #96Jfarris2014-11-16 13:59

    Are any of these boxes still for sale by chance???

  97. #97BMW2014-11-16 14:21

    they are hard to find I have been looking for month. good luck

  98. #98Jfarris2014-11-19 20:30

    I guess so. I really don't want to buy a new one but man, I don't think I'll ever find a used one. I wonder how many are sold a year....must not be very many.

  99. #99CConcreteEx2014-12-28 01:53

    Ive been looking too. I recently found a Level best box, he thinks. Theres no markings on it but its the color but the problem is he has none of the boxes or receivers to go with it. Just a box... Looking for a used box grader or even a skid steer grader/doser if anyone hears of one. I have a good laser.