Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Duetz Motorpal pump leak

keif · 2023-02-05 16:15

Does anyone know if this leak can be fixed without replacing the injection pump or having to mess with pump timing. It's leaking real slow from the nut/bolt the fuel line attaches to. It's on a Duetz fl4m 2011 engine. I bought the 2011 engine manual but it doesn't have a breakdown of the pump unfortunately. Thanks!

Replies12
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-02-05 23:21

    Yes, that can be repaired in place.. I don’t recall if the delivery valve gasket is on the top or the bottom of the delivery valve..?? And there should be an oring on the dv holder too..

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-02-06 02:30

    You want to clean that are really good before you start. Looks like it's been leaking for quite a while.

  3. #3keif2023-02-06 18:13

    I was able to tighten the piece that the injector line attaches to and the leak seemed to slow down. After I did it I got worried that maybe I shouldn't have. I hate working in something I don't have a diagram of and don't fully understand. Do you have a suggestion of somewhere to source the parts from? Or is it something I can take apart then match up o rings to replace? 100% I think it's been leaking for a very long time and just got to the point it was noticeable. The pumps are covered by the air cooling plenum panel.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2023-02-06 18:50

    If u have a fuel shop close by, as in driving time.. U can take the oring and delivery valve gasket with u & tell them it’s from a Bosch A pump.. If u tell’m it’s from a motor pal pump they’re gonna say NO or they’ll have to order it.. If ur gonna do that, screw the holder back down onto the pump.. U don’t have to tighten it.. just finger tight is fine.. & after u get the oring and gasket, torque it to 35 ftlbs.. Good luck

  5. #5keif2023-02-06 19:14

    Just to be sure. Remove the injector line then remove this, the delivery valve.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2023-02-06 19:40

    That’s the delivery valve HOLDER. But yes, remove that.. b careful cuz there will b a spring under the dv holder.. u don’t wanna lose it.. Personally I would break loose one of the other steel lines, either the in or the out.. just to relieve the pressure inside the pump.. Have a scribe/pick ready so u can fish the dv gasket out WITHOUT removing the dv.. If u find it impossible to fish it out.. THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT.. cock the dv inorder to break the metal to metal seal BEFORE trying to remove the dv.. If u simply reach in and pull up on the dv, you’ll pull the all important barrel off its seat, and u won’t b able to get it back down. THEN, your boxing it up and sending it to S.C…& we’ll all talk bad about u for not following instructions.. lol If u don’t have any place local, put the oring and gasket in a small baggie and put it in an envelope with a stamp, and send it to me..

  7. #7keif2023-02-08 19:08

    Well dang. After reading that I think I might be better off buying the locking pin for the rack and just replacing the pump. The machine makes me a few thousand a day so I don't want any down time. What do you think that idea? @thepumpguysc

  8. #8thepumpguysc2023-02-08 20:03

    It’s only money.. have u priced a pump yet.?? It’s gonna be a hellofa lot more expensive than a 5.00 oring and a 2.00 dv gasket.. If u had the time, u could overnight the oring and gasket to me and I’ll match it up and shoot it back..

  9. #9keif2023-02-08 20:10

    Hmm. A pump is $300ish and the locking bolt is $45.

  10. #10Welder Dave2023-02-08 20:20

    Why not just fix what's leaking? Makes no sense to spend money when it isn't necessary.

  11. #11willie592023-02-08 21:16

    It's just an o-ring, easy fix, done it on plenty of those pumps, just don't recall what size o-ring it is.

  12. #12keif2023-07-31 22:57

    Last week I paid a Duetz shop to fix the pump and do a timing belt job when I had some down time.